Developed by FlyLogic, the scenery is an up-to-date and frame rate friendly rendition of Samedan Airport (LSZS) in Switzerland, sporting high-resolution PBR (Physically Based Rendering) textures and realistic buildings with interior modelling.
Buildings in the vicinity of the airport have also been recreated along with details such as animated windsocks and restaurant umbrellas, which are open or closed depending on the season.
Located in the Swiss Alps, Engadin is the highest airport in Europe. Due to the high surrounded by terrain and unpredictable weather, landings are considered to be particularly challenging. The airfield also doesn't have published IFR approaches, so all landings must be done in VFR.
Other features include:
- Detailed airfield buildings and interiors
- High-resolution PBR textures, mostly 2048x2048 pixels
- Gates of Hangar 2 open at 0900 am and close at 1800
- Detailed interior in Hangar 2 with static aircraft
- Realistic building night lighting LODs for 3D models and textures for optimal frame rates
- Collision detection for all buildings and larger objects
- Animated Rhaetian Railway south-west of the approach area
- Animated people
- Windsocks indicate wind strength and direction
- Umbrellas in the airport restaurant are open or closed depending on the season
- Buildings in the vicinity, such as a stables with horses in the paddock, farms etc
- Goods handling and ABVO with buildings, loading crane and goods wagons
- Compatible with the current version of Flight Simulator for PC and Xbox
- Manual in English, French and German
The package is available on Just Flight's website for £11.99.