The FIO’s biplane is now flying in Luftwaffe livery
After a long period of restoration, the Fundación Infante de Orleans’ (FIO) sole Focke-Wulf Fw 44 Stieglitz, EC-JSE, was shown in public on July 2 in fresh livery. It now represents a liaison Fw 44 used by the Luftwaffe on the Eastern Front in 1942.
The aircraft is one of 190 built under licence by Fábrica Militar de Aviones in Córdoba, Argentina between 1937 and 1942. Having flown in civilian hands for many years it was imported to Spain in 2002 and has been a regular, flying addition to the FIO’s monthly shows at Cuatro Vientos.