Thrustmaster is well-known for developing hardware for space and military simulation. However, in a surprise announcement, the company has revealed a new range of Airbus flight controllers dubbed TCA (Thrustmaster Civil Aviation) – its first venture into the civil flight simulation market.
The company said the TCA lineup will consist of five products:
- TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition, which will feature a joystick with a built-in throttle, with a reverse thrust mechanism, and a yaw axis with a Z-axis blocker. There is also an option to swap the stick between the captain’s and first officer’s sides. Expected retail price is £59.99 (€69.99/$69.99).
- TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition features realistic thrust levers with detents for reverse thrust along with levers for the speed brakes, flaps and an undercarriage handle. Retail price will be £89.99 (€99.99, $99.99).
- ATCA Officer Pack Airbus Edition includes the TCA Sidestick and TCA Quadrant in one package. Retail price will be £149.99 (€159.99/$159.99)
- The TM Flying Clamp or desk clamp. Retail price will be £49.99 (€59.99, $69.99).
- The TCA Quadrant-Add-on Airbus Edition, which will feature add-ons for the throttle quadrant, but no further information is available at this time. Thrustmaster will take pre-orders for the Sidestick, Quadrant, Officer Pack Airbus Edition and the Flying Clamp on June 18. The Sidestick is expected to be commercially available on June 25 with the Quadrant, Officer Pack and Flying Clamp due for release on September 24.
No pricing information or release date has been given for the TCA Quadrant Add-On, although Thrustmaster plans to begin taking pre-orders on September 29 with a release planned in either October or November this year.