To mark its 10th anniversary, Thrustmaster has announced the launch of the HOTAS Magnetic Base and the F-16C Viper HOTAS Add-On Grip.
HOTAS Magnetic Base
Thrustmaster is launching a standalone version of the HOTAS Magnetic Base. Purchasing the base on its own gives simmers the adaptability to use any Thrustmaster add-on flight sticks (sold separately) with the base.
HOTAS Magnetic Base key features:
- Detachable metal plate for desk or cockpit-style use, with a 10th-anniversary graphic
- H.E.A.R.T Hall Effect AccuRate Technology, with 3D (Hall Effect) magnetic sensors
- Stable weighted base (2kg without a flight stick grip installed)
- Compatible with the following Thrustmaster flight stick grips: HOTAS Cougar, HOTAS Warthog, F-16C Viper and F/A-18C Hornet.
F-16C Viper HOTAS Add-On Grip
The Thrustmaster F-16C Viper HOTAS Add-On Grip, a life-size (1:1 scale) replica of the real F-16C Viper flight stick. Its release coincides with the early-access launch of the F-16C Viper in the DCS World and it integrates natively with the DCS module.
F-16C Viper HOTAS Add-On Grip key features:
- Life-size (1:1 scale) replica of the real F-16C Viper™ flight stick.
- 100% metal design incorporating durable, industrial-grade materials for an authentic feel and maximum product lifespan.
- 19 action buttons in total, plus one 8-way “point of view” HAT switch
- Native integration in the game DCS via the dedicated DCS: F-16C Viper module (sold separately)
- Backwards-compatible with the two joystick bases in Thrustmaster’s flight simulation ecosystem: HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar (sold separately).
Pre-orders begin worldwide on January 15, 2020, with a release planned for February 28, 2020. The suggested retail price for the HOTAS Magnetic Base is £119.99 (€129.99/$159.99). The F-16C Viper HOTAS Add-On Grip will retail at £169.99 (€179.99/$229.99).