To help mark FlyPast’s 40th birthday, we’ve teamed up with warbird operator Aero Legends to offer the experience of a lifetime.... Not only can one lucky FlyPast reader win a trip in the two-seat Spitfire T.9 NH341 Elizabeth, (worth approximately £3,000) the flight will be photographed by FlyPast’s regular air-to-air lensman Darren Harbar
The winner will receive an enlarged photo of themselves aloft in the Spitfire, but they will also grace the pages of FlyPast and be able to describe the experience in print. The flight will take place from Aero Legends’ facility at North Weald, Essex, later this year.
There are some stipulations for entrants…
- You must be 18 years or older
- Your maximum height must be 6ft 6in, and maximum weight 230lb fully clothed
- The passenger must sign an undertaking that he/she has no medical condition which would affect their ability to undertake the proposed activity. Specific medical conditions are stated on the consent form
- Passengers must be able to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to understand the information provided with regard to the risk associated with flying in a historic warbird aircraft, which has not been certified for the carriage of passengers.
- The ability to make an informed decision based upon the risk information provided and to be prepared to accept the risk involved in participating in the proposed activity.
- Be able to recall emergency actions required in the event of the requirement to abandon the aircraft or to prepare for a forced landing.
- A good understanding of the safety equipment provided and its operation and use .
- An appropriate approach to the passenger experience, exhibiting maturity, stability of character and attitude consistent with the intended activity.
- Conversational English to an acceptable level for the intended activity.
For further details on Aero Legends visit: www.aerolegends.co.uk
Runner Up Prize
A lucky runner-up can also win almost £100 of aircraft books from Schiffer Publishing, in the Legends of Air Warfare series. Schiffer has all many of books on classic aircraft and aviation history, and for more details see www.schifferbooks.com
The book prizes are: Hawker Hunter, Avro Lancaster, Messerschmitt Bf 109E, B-17 Flying Fortress Vol.1 and Vol.2