Asobo Studio has announced World Update XII: New Zealand for Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available, adding seven detailed cities, several points of interest and nine handcrafted airports along with discovery flights, challenges and bush trips.
The new world update adds the latest geographic data, including satellite imagery, aerial photography and updated digital elevation models. The team even incorporated the Hobbiton Movie Set on New Zealand’s North Island, which is surrounded by the region’s unique geography.
World Update XII: New Zealand features seven new cities created using high-resolution photogrammetry data and triangulated irregular network modelling:
Other highlights include 62 handcrafted points of interest made by Orbx and nine handcrafted airports, also made by Orbx and NZA Simulations:
- Gisborne Airport (NZGS)
- Milford Sound Airport (NZMF)
- Martins Bay Aerodrome (NZMJ)
- Gorge River Airstrip (NZQE)
- Rotorua Airport (NZRO)
- Lake Tekapo Airport (NZTL)
- Whangarei Airport (NZWR)
- Westport Airport (NZWS)
- Quintin Lodge Airstrip (T004).
Finally, Perfect Flight has created ten missions for exploring the country’s diverse landscapes from above. These include:
- New Zealand’s North Island in a Textron Aviation Beechcraft Bonanza G36
- New Zealand’s South Island in a Pilatus PC-6/B2-H4 Turbo Porter G950
- A historical recreation of the country’s first air route in a Douglas DC-3 Classic.
- Auckland, the country’s largest city, in a Cessna 152
- Queenstown in a Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter
- Lake Benmore in a DG Aviation DG-1001E Neo glider.
- A strong wind landing at Wellington Airport (NZWN) in an Airbus A320neo
- An epic landing at the Ryan’s Creek Aerodrome (NZRC) in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk
- A technical landing at Gorge River Airstrip (NZQE) in a Savage Cub
- A famous challenge in an Airbus A310-300 at Christchurch Airport (NZCH).
World Update XII: New Zealand is available for free to all owners of Microsoft Flight Simulator.