The latest X-Plane destination from Orbx is EGCK Caernarfon Airport in northern Wales.
Located on the Welsh coast, EGCK is a popular general aviation airport and a Welsh Search and Rescue and air ambulance base just outside Caernarfon with its historic castle and town centre. It is also home to several flying schools and offers sightseeing flights over Snowdonia national park and beyond.
Designed by TrueEarth developer Tony Wroblewski, the package from Orbx blends seamlessly with TrueEarth GB Central. The entire airfield has been modelled in extensive detail from real-world photography and numerous site visits to offer better realism and accuracy. The airport and recent extensions and new buildings from the summer of 2019 have been included.
- Ultra high definition 2cm/px bespoke hand-painted ground textures for the immediate airport area
- High-definition, hand-crafted 30cm/px imagery for the surrounding area
- Custom and unique built vehicles and aircraft
- Accurately modelled buildings
- Detailed 3D fencing, signage and equipment
- High-definition hand-crafted PBR materials for the airport buildings
- Historic RAF Llandwrog buildings
- Surrounding POIs such as Morfa Holiday Park, Fort Belan and farmland buildings
- Optimized for best performance and blended seamlessly with Orbx GB TrueEarth Central
- Animated and functional signal square, anemometer and windsocks.