Ex Cathay 747 Freighter Scrapped

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

15 years

747 freighter N2868R scrapped at Kemble last week,,,,of to the smelter this week:diablo:

Original post

Member for

18 years 7 months

You say that with such an evil air of satisfaction. Bad man! Poor plane! :p

Member for

18 years 11 months

13 years with passengers, 12 years with freight, a good record for one plane with one company.

The next can you drink from might be made from that plane, huh? :D

Member for

15 years 2 months

What else is at Kemble waiting for the scrapman, I will be passing tomorrow (Tues 2nd) on my way to Middle Wallop

Member for

18 years 1 month

Oh well i suppose its difficult to remember every photo you see everyday.there's a couple of interesting shots on the web from kemble,EC-GRE clickair A320 is being broken up.

Member for

20 years 7 months

There's definitely 1, maybe 2 MK Airlines 742s in Kemble, I flew in there a couple months ago and remember 3 sat together.

Member for

18 years 9 months

Looks like a dismantle than a smash it to bits job. Are they saving the cockpit?

Member for

15 years

Ha Ha all Gone:D

Member for

15 years

What else is at Kemble waiting for the scrapman, I will be passing tomorrow (Tues 2nd) on my way to Middle Wallop

Keep an eye out were lining them up:dev2:

Member for

15 years

Looks like a dismantle than a smash it to bits job. Are they saving the cockpit?

Cockpit and various other fuselage sections saved,,,the rest is scrap ie smashed to bits

Member for

18 years 7 months

What's the point of doing that test with the aircraft unpressurised? Surely it would respond completely differently to the blast with 8-9psi of pressure inflating the fuselage? :confused:

Paul

Member for

16 years

Any B747 possesses a certain majesty, even when it's being taken apart.
The picture above is reminiscent of, say, a seventies Cadillac meeting its maker in a car scrapyard.

Member for

15 years

The point where they tested this is the toughest part of the airframe ,,,,,,beleive me it puts up a good fight against my 45 ton komatsu,so i think given 20,000 feet 6-9 psi a whole different ball game unzip like a bannana:(

Member for

15 years

Any B747 possesses a certain majesty, even when it's being taken apart.
The picture above is reminiscent of, say, a seventies Cadillac meeting its maker in a car scrapyard.

They are truly majestic ,,i do not always enjoy chewin them up,,,,the white 747 in our compound now is mint absolutely spotless.:(

Member for

15 years 2 months

the white 747 in our compound now is mint absolutely spotless.:(

that will be this one :D

http://i45.tinypic.com/u0dar.jpg

Member for

18 years 11 months

Can it be 'mint' without motors?:confused:

Member for

15 years

Ok i will define mint ,,,,From a breaking of airframe point of view this one is very clean ,,,i think whoever maintained her cherished her ,,,there were signatures of farewell all around the forward pax door we get most 747s in a pretty disgusting state,,,this ones clean;)