Unusual East West traffic 11th March

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years

I'm used to seeing North / South Air traffic but yesterday between 10.30 and 11 am I noticed about 6 Aircraft traveling East to West and 1 West to East it appeared to be decending maybe to land at Leeds Bradford .

I'm in South Cumbria and find it unusual to see so much East West traffic during the daytime the only time I would expect to see it is early morning .

Original post

Member for

14 years 7 months

we get alot of military traffic going across rather than up and down, down here in brum ... maybe its that

Member for

14 years

we get alot of military traffic going across rather than up and down, down here in brum ... maybe its that

Military are easy to spot round here usualy tree top height .

Member for

14 years 7 months

Military are easy to spot round here usualy tree top height .

:D

we get alot of c-17's and vc-10's buzzing about... as well as some very high level eurofighters.

Member for

18 years 2 months

While on ths subjct of over head traffic, can any one tell me what passes over LBA at about midnight? This isnt every night and at a very high cruise level heading north??

Thanks!

Member for

16 years 11 months

While on ths subjct of over head traffic, can any one tell me what passes over LBA at about midnight? This isnt every night and at a very high cruise level heading north??

I can't answer your question but I think I hear the same as you? Sounds like a prop, really low pitch drone? I have been trying to find out about this aircraft for ages. Came to the conclusion it was some kind of mail plane.
Don't here it so much now as I have moved to a different part of Halifax but always passed over my old house at midnight give or take 5 mins.

Member for

15 years 5 months

Sounds like a prop, really low pitch drone?

I hear the same sort of sound over Luton in the early hours of the morning and have recently been wondering what it is.

Member for

18 years 2 months

I can't answer your question but I think I hear the same as you? Sounds like a prop, really low pitch drone? I have been trying to find out about this aircraft for ages. Came to the conclusion it was some kind of mail plane.
Don't here it so much now as I have moved to a different part of Halifax but always passed over my old house at midnight give or take 5 mins.

Yes, some nights i hear a prop, but others its a jet.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Yes, some nights i hear a prop, but others its a jet

I can confirm it is a Electra, G-LOFC. Usually goes over at 21,000ft drowning my house down! What a great noise to hear! :D

Hope that helps
Regards
Danny

Member for

16 years 11 months

I can confirm it is a Electra, G-LOFC. Usually goes over at 21,000ft drowning my house down! What a great noise to hear!

Thanks very much Danny. What an Interesting aircraft. I will have a look on the net for more info on it.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Thanks very much Danny. What an Interesting aircraft. I will have a look on the net for more info on it.

No problem. I forgot to add, it was on a Titan callsign. So i guess it was operating for them while there had a aircraft down, maybe?

I have a request of my own, around 3am i hear a really loud Jet going over. Possible Tornado's out of Leeming? Its not every night, like once every 2 weeks or so. Very very loud what ever it is :rolleyes:

Member for

18 years 7 months

DJ... Does it happen on the nights I have curry by any chance? :)