Jet2 @ LHR/Aviance

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 4 months

Was rather surprised to see a Jet2 757 at Heathrow this morning. I'm assuming they operated a flight for an airline, but which was it?

Also, are there any Aviance (ex) employees here? What's the future looking like for them?

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

Was for British Airways, due to the strike. Along with Astraeus, Euro Atlantic, Transavia... there's probably more as well.

Member for

16 years 3 months

....aaaaand Viking, Arkefly and Titan. ;)

Member for

14 years 2 months

Also saw a jet2 737 landing at heathrow on sunday for ba was shocked to see it but made a nice change :)

Member for

20 years 2 months

As far as Im aware Aviance are staying at LHR, its all thier other UK airports they are pulling. They pulled DUB last August which cost me my job.

Member for

18 years 6 months

As far as Im aware Aviance are staying at LHR, its all thier other UK airports they are pulling. They pulled DUB last August which cost me my job.

I am very sorry to hear that Shamrock, have you been able to find a new job since?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Ye, I got back in with Servisair after a few weeks.

Member for

18 years 4 months

According to the managers, Aviance at LHR doesn't stand a chance of seeing out 2010, as they're likely to fold.

Member for

18 years 6 months

Indeed...and as the article below demonstrates, it didnt see itself beyond Jan 2010 as it was bought by Dnata of Dubai:

http://www.evaint.com/article/40/5633/Plain-sense-as-Dnata-buys-Plane-Handling.aspx

By the end of January 2010, Dnata was the proud owner of Plane Handling Ltd, formerly part of the Go-Ahead Group. It provides cargo and ramp handling services at London Heathrow Airport and cargo handling services at Manchester Airport. Dnata has also acquired passenger and ramp handling operations at Terminal 3 & 4 at London Heathrow Airport from Aviance Ltd, which is also part of the Go-Ahead Group.