Newcastle International Airport

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

14 years 1 month

Airliner World and Airports of the World are working closely with Northumbria Police to establish an official enthusiasts' group at Newcastle International Airport, UK.

An initial meeting will take place at the airport on Saturday 17th April at 3pm. If you are interested in learning more about this project and wish to attend the meeting then please contact PC Steven Sheard with your full name and address.

His email address is... [email]steven.sheard.8854@northumbria.pnn.police.uk[/email]

Richard Maslen
Deputy Editor - Airliner World
Deputy Editor - Airports of the World

Original post

Member for

14 years 8 months

hurray
worked over there 3 years ago and used to visit in evenings to do some spotting, the place in a nightmare to get a good viewing point without been in an illegal position or illegally parked!!!

Member for

15 years 7 months

Shame there is not much to see anymore :rolleyes:

Member for

18 years 4 months

Was about to say the same thing! There is naff all to see at NCL apart from the same daily flow of Flybe, Eastern and Easyjets! Unless you one of those spotters who gets turned on when the airlines swap there based Aircraft around! :rolleyes:

Member for

14 years 3 months

I believe a veiwng area will be set up on production of a spotters card after beong vetted. Nice one\!

Member for

18 years 3 months

About bloody time!!!

Member for

18 years 1 month

I believe a veiwng area will be set up on production of a spotters card after beong vetted. Nice one\!

I would advise NOT hyolding breath for any good for the spotter to come out of this...
Unfortunately these "schemes" are always one way traffic.. the police realising that a spotters eyes are a handy tool to help them, and offering false promises of pushing for better spotters facilities. Same mince happened at GLA about 4 years waiting on the promised mound of dirt near the GAT.. in fact the only occurence at GLA has been the long established mound at 05 hold being fenced off.
Sorry to be a sour puss, just remember getting all excited myself after spotters meeting with the airport operators:mad:

Member for

14 years 8 months

One funny thing about Newcastle was if you stopped until th light started fading in the car parks near the Nature reserve, you had to beware of the night time carpark enthusiasts arriving, if you know what i mean:eek:

Member for

20 years 11 months

Great idea..Airports of the world take a lesson

Member for

18 years 2 months

OK so shout me down if you want , but I dont want to be vetted just so that I can spot planes.
I have more than enough ID to produce and have to be vetted for my job , so why should I have to be for my hobby.
What about the familys that want to go to the airport for a couple of hours in the sun on a weekend.
Can you imagine what would happen at the AVP at Manchester if everybody had to be vetted before they could get in.
Sorry I think this is a silly idea.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Heads up NCL and EDI

Just landed as i type at NCL is Air Transat A330, on Descent into EDI is Qatar A330

Member for

17 years 7 months

Kuwaiti flight due in at 0500 hrs tomorrow according to arrivals. More than likely the normal A300.

777-300ER now bookable on the 26th July for the anniversary flight.