Madrid Barajas

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

At the end of my little Southern Europe trip at the end of June i am planning to spend about 16 hours at Barajas instead of getting a hotel on my last day when I come back from Granada, mainly because i am rather sure I will be skint by the end of my shoe-string budget tour.

So, i just wanted to know how are the facilities at Barajas? Is it possible to spend my allotted time there or should i look into getting some extra money to get a hotel in Madrid city?

many thanks.

Original post

Member for

16 years 4 months

Hi Kabir
Good views from a window upstairs in T1/T2 including photographically if you're happy thro' glass
Alternatively,take metro one stop (away from city) to Barajas station......turn left outside and walk half mile to some mounds the other side of a traffic island,where views are excellent and most stuff has to taxi past.More distant are the Iberia wide bodies and possibly Lan/Avianca and Aeromexico,but within 300mm lens range.
Best Western Villa Barajas is near metro station (same road) and is reasonably priced.

Barry

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks for the information Barry. Since I will be carrying my new DSLR with me the spotting tip seems like a good way to pass an hour or two. Since i will be carrying a bag-pack with me (no check in luggage) i wouldn't want to do a lot of walking carrying it around. What about the eminities within the terminal? Are there any paid-lounges etc. that can be used?

Member for

16 years 4 months

Kabir

I'm sure there must be paid lounges as it is in the top ten airports worldwide but I've never availed myself.
Of course,you could leave your luggage at a paid facility and walk to the good location fairly light.

Barry

Member for

24 years 2 months

sounds like a good idea, just found out one can avail a locker for about 6 euros for a day.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Seats are terribly unconfortably. Tryp Diana Hotel (opposit T1) is generally inexpesive and has free shuttle.

Member for

24 years 2 months

cheers for the info Keltic, will look into it.