Madrid Barajas

Profile picture for user KabirT

Member for

19 years 10 months

At the end of my little Southern Europe trip at the end of June i am planning to spend about 16 hours at Barajas instead of getting a hotel on my last day when I come back from Granada, mainly because i am rather sure I will be skint by the end of my shoe-string budget tour. So, i just wanted to know how are the facilities at Barajas? Is it possible to spend my allotted time there or should i look into getting some extra money to get a hotel in Madrid city? many thanks.
Original post
Profile picture for user black kettle

Member for

12 years

Hi Kabir Good views from a window upstairs in T1/T2 including photographically if you're happy thro' glass Alternatively,take metro one stop (away from city) to Barajas station......turn left outside and walk half mile to some mounds the other side of a traffic island,where views are excellent and most stuff has to taxi past.More distant are the Iberia wide bodies and possibly Lan/Avianca and Aeromexico,but within 300mm lens range. Best Western Villa Barajas is near metro station (same road) and is reasonably priced. Barry

Member for

19 years 10 months

Thanks for the information Barry. Since I will be carrying my new DSLR with me the spotting tip seems like a good way to pass an hour or two. Since i will be carrying a bag-pack with me (no check in luggage) i wouldn't want to do a lot of walking carrying it around. What about the eminities within the terminal? Are there any paid-lounges etc. that can be used?
Profile picture for user black kettle

Member for

12 years

Kabir I'm sure there must be paid lounges as it is in the top ten airports worldwide but I've never availed myself. Of course,you could leave your luggage at a paid facility and walk to the good location fairly light. Barry

Member for

19 years 10 months

sounds like a good idea, just found out one can avail a locker for about 6 euros for a day.
Profile picture for user keltic

Member for

19 years 10 months

Seats are terribly unconfortably. Tryp Diana Hotel (opposit T1) is generally inexpesive and has free shuttle.

Member for

19 years 10 months

cheers for the info Keltic, will look into it.