Jet2.com - Infant Bag Allowance

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years 6 months

Jet2.com - Infant Bag Allowance

Hello,

Travelling with Jet2 in June to AGP with our infant,

The jet2 website states the following:-

Please note that infants travelling for a small admin charge do not have their own baggage allowance.

Source - http://www.jet2.com/FAQSection.aspx?ss=5#2

However on the tickets which we got via email, it states the following on my sons (infant) ticket.

Bags: Hand baggage only

So im guessing the above "baggage allowance" from the T&C's is hold baggage not the hand baggage??

Can anyone confirm this is the case please ? (been on hold for 15 mins with Jet2 CS, and had to hang up)

Plus.. am I right in thinking the Infant hand baggage will also be 10kg?

Thank you!

Rick

Original post

Member for

17 years 11 months

Jet2 does not provide any checked allowance for infants, handbaggage only to carry infant stuff such as nappies etc is allowed.

The only exception to this rule is Buggies which you are allowed to check one in per infant.

Source: Work for a handling agent at NCL who handles Jet2.

Member for

17 years 6 months

Jet2 does not provide any checked allowance for infants, handbaggage only to carry infant stuff such as nappies etc is allowed.

The only exception to this rule is Buggies which you are allowed to check one in per infant.

Thanks for confirming.

Rick

Member for

17 years 6 months

Hi,

We fly next week so i called Jet2 this evening to confirm,

They have advised that the infant has no allowance apart from 1 buggy and / or car seat on the basis its under 10KG.

The customer service advisor advised that no hand baggage will be permitted for the infant, and therefore need to include this in the adult PAX allowance,

Basically, we were going to take 3 hand luggage items, and now we need to take 2...

One another note.......... Whats the rules these days with fulid in hand lagguage, ie baby milk, formula powder and water for the infant?

Am I ok taking 3 bottles, (8oz), 3 "home made" measured tubs of milk formula powder, and a jar of baby food?

Cheers

Rick

Member for

17 years 11 months

the infant hand baggage is really at the discretion of the check in agent, most would turn a blind eye to a small bag with baby stuff in.

Liquid restrictions still stand at the same level as they have since 2006.

No liquids over 100ml, even if its a 200ml bottle half full the container must be marked 100ml or less.

no restriction on powdered milk.

As for made up milk in bottles if i remember correctly as long as you taste it they security will normally allow you through with it, best though to confirm this with your local airport and i mean airport not airline.