EK orders 32 more A380s

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Emirates confirms order for 32 A380, deal worth $11 bln at list price

_____

Emirates will announce an order for 32 additional Airbus A380s at the ILA Berlin Air Show, Aviation Week has learned. The order will be officially signed during a visit of Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel to the show in front of a newly delivered Emirates A380. The aircraft is the largest A380 order ever. Its list price is an estimated $11.5 billion. Emirates now has 90 A380s on firm order of which 10 have been delivered.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=comm&id=news/awx/2010/06/08/awx_06_08_2010_p0-232591.xml&headline=Emirates%20To%20Order%2032%20More%20A380s

Original post

Member for

18 years 7 months

That's quite an order, and very good news for Airbus!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Very good news for Airbus and the A380 in particular. Emirates knows a good aircraft when it sees one. After all it also flies the 777;)

Member for

16 years

I agree. I'd like to see the A380 picking up a little, sales-wise.
It must be the most relaxing and comfortable aircraft to fly on by some distance.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Lufthansa's first was crew training at Baden Baden last week and is now in South Africa with the national team.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Good news for Airbus and all that is great but 90 A380s? What are they planning to start....buy a First Class ticket and get a WhaleJet free?:confused:

Member for

19 years 5 months

It must be the most relaxing and comfortable aircraft to fly on by some distance.

Only if the airline doesn't pack people in like a cattle car...:)

Member for

19 years 6 months

All are going to be delivered by 2017. No A380s are planned to be going out of the fleet until 2020. That's one heck of a fleet! First free slot for an A380 is 2015

Member for

20 years 11 months

How can they utilise 90 A380's with the route network they have..they must surely have a rapid expansion plan in the pipe works

Member for

18 years 5 months

Great! This means Airbus must be close to breaking even on the A380 programme! Oh....wait......:p

Member for

20 years 5 months

Isn't it actualy more of a risk to have such a large project so dependant on one customer?
EK have something like a third of all the orders to themselves.

I very much doubt EK will ever fold, but surely constantly expanding like they are can't continue!

Member for

21 years

EK must be happy with the a/c, hence the sizeable repeat order, which I feel will in the future see more orders from the other airlines currently using the type. An extra couple of a/c from the odd airline is good but 32 in one hit is amazing, EK competitors heads must be spinning.

Paul

Member for

24 years 2 months

I agree. I'd like to see the A380 picking up a little, sales-wise.

I flew on an Emirates A380 early last year and it is indeed a fantastic aircraft to fly on. Leaving aside the extra space (mind you, the outbound sector for me was in Business Class) the other thing that struck me was how quiet it was, even on take off.

Member for

17 years 10 months

Great! This means Airbus must be close to breaking even on the A380 programme! Oh....wait......:p

Did someone just leave you with sore nipples ?

:)

Member for

16 years

I flew on an Emirates A380 early last year and it is indeed a fantastic aircraft to fly on. Leaving aside the extra space (mind you, the outbound sector for me was in Business Class) the other thing that struck me was how quiet it was, even on take off.

Indeed. A young Australian couple was sat next to me as we were flying from SIN to LHR. After about ten minutes of flying time, the woman asked if we had taken off yet.
Says it all, really.

Member for

15 years 5 months

Indeed. A young Australian couple was sat next to me as we were flying from SIN to LHR. After about ten minutes of flying time, the woman asked if we had taken off yet.
Says it all, really.

I've been on A380 few times. If someone sat next to me asked me that question, I would ask to be seated else where, for my own safety.