American Airlines new livery revealed.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Seeing it on that CRJ, it reminds me even more of the old Cubana tail livery ;)

Member for

18 years 5 months

What a shame :( Still prefer the bare metal - quite unique.

Member for

12 years 8 months

I think I like it but I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh. The thing I find odd is that in a country so proud of it's flag they've changed the 'stars and stripes' to 'stripes and stripes'. Maybe to give it a sense of movement?

I think I'm unusual in that I never really liked the previous livery but I do understand that it had been around for so long it was iconic to many.

Member for

11 years 8 months

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/233540
Was just made aware of this great trip report on the first 77W flight to GRU.
Champaign served by the CEO and senior vice president on-board the flight! :D
I also believe the upgrade he got was Tom Horton's doing.

For those who don't have time to read the whole review (although I advise you do if you have the time, it's very detailed and well written), I'll post part of the summary here.

"American is back.

The new Business Class seats are the most comfortable I have flown on. I managed to sleep very comfortably and the IFE is up the standards of a 5-star carrier. The food service, however, still needs improvement, as my dishes unfortunately weren't what I was expecting. This, however, is one easy detail to fix and I'm sure Mr. Vahidi and his team will put some dedication and effort into making it better.

The new First Class, on the other hand, was a box full of perfection. The seat, the IFE, the service and the meals. All flawless. There's rare chances for improvement there. Congratulations!

I would like to congratulate Mr. Tom Horton, Mr. Virasb Vahidi, and all American's executives for working so hard in developing and bringing to life such an incredible product. My heart goes out to them for the effort and dedication and hope that the remaining 20 B777-300(ER) come out as beautiful as N717AN."

...I need to see if there are any business meets in Dallas this year so I can try this great product out for myself :diablo:

I liked the old shiny metal look. It also reflects heat better (it is important if you operate in the tropics like I did.)