Transfer

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years 7 months

Next month I am traveling DUB-LHR_LAX - all flights are on BA - I know I land T1@LHR and then have to transfer to T5@LHR - I have a 3 hour layover. What is the best way to transfer T1-T5? Thanking anyone in advance for replying.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

I once had to transfer from T1 to T4, the transfer signs in T1 were very poor so I went and got on the Heathrow Express to T4. Maybe you can do that to T5?

Member for

20 years 5 months

3 hours should be plenty of time.

There are regular transfer buses between the terminals
To get to them from your arrival gate, simply follow the purple "Flight Connection" signs. It really couldn't be easier. I found that at several intersections, there are large walls with flight information which tell you exactly where to go. And failing that there staff in purple uniforms that, with one glance of your ticket, can tell you precisely where to go.

Just follow purple! Purple is what you want.

However, I am not familiar with how up to day T1 was. I connected between T5 and T3 in April this year. The signage is simple and very obvious. Follow the purple signs.

Member for

24 years 2 months

3 hours should be plenty of time.

There are regular transfer buses between the terminals
To get to them from your arrival gate, simply follow the purple "Flight Connection" signs. It really couldn't be easier. I found that at several intersections, there are large walls with flight information which tell you exactly where to go. And failing that there staff in purple uniforms that, with one glance of your ticket, can tell you precisely where to go.

Just follow purple! Purple is what you want.

However, I am not familiar with how up to day T1 was. I connected between T5 and T3 in April this year. The signage is simple and very obvious. Follow the purple signs.

I remember the "Flight Connection" signs petered out in Terminal 1, and didn't lead anywhere. That is why we eventually ended up on the Heathrow Express because we didn't want to miss our flight.

Member for

20 years 5 months

The signs were very clear, obvious and continuous in both T3 and T5. Only an idiot would lose their way in those two terminals at the very least.