Airliner at Alameda?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

10 years 7 months

Well it is a commercial airliner. Or was...

Anyone know what the deal is with what looks like an ex B707 at the old navy airfield at Alameda, near San Francisco on Google Maps? I don't know how to screen grab so as to post an image but it is on the late 07/25 runway east of its intersection with 13/31. I don't recognise the markings on the tail either.

Ok. I should have done a bit of research first.

Plane Crash on Google Maps

Google Maps aerial view has got some great shots of a simulated plane crash that was created for the television series Trauma. The mock airliner crash was filmed on the runway of the former Navy base at Alameda Point.

A Boeing airliner was used as the mock-up of the crashed plane. I think the episode was filmed in 2009. Google's aerial view imagery of the area was released at the end of 2009, so I assume the imagery was gathered at some point during that year.

If you go to my Aerial View Map the plane crash can be viewed by clicking on the 'Simualated Air Crash' link. You can see the crash from different angles by using the Google Maps compass or the directions buttons above the map.

googlemapsmania.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/plane-crash-on-google-maps.html

So its a film set from 2009. Sorry for any panic.

Original post