Missing Malaysian Airlines B777

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 6 months

An artist and design colleague of mine drew this up. He is not supposing this is how it ended. But felt the need to create it to give us all something upon which we can reflect.

A powerful image!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]226605[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

19 years 5 months

Regarding the frwd fuselage tank I was mentioning, I fear I mistook the shaded shape on the sketch for what it is not (see fire doc some page ago). Does someone have any clues about it ?

The 777 has three fuel tank assembly's, one in each wing and one in the centre wing box. the 777-200LR has the option of factory fitting extra tanks in the fwd and aft cargo bays. These are fitted as close to the centre wing box as practical for C of G reasons. (God knows how they get to the air conditioning mixer unit and the recirc fans) There is no fuel tank in the fwd avionics bay.
The 777's fuselage skin, frames and stringers are made of aluminium alloy. The wing boxes are also made of aluminium alloy Off the top of my head I can't remember what the fin and stab are made of.
The aircraft has a very large amount of composite bits on it and I should imagine the debris field the day it crashed was huge. After two weeks in the roughest seas on the planet, I should imagine it will be spread very thinly over hundreds of miles.

Rgds Cking

Member for

11 years 9 months

Both Chinese and Australian aircraft sited separate (possible) debris in the area ~1500 miles south west of Perth today. The Chinese spotted two large white floating objects centrally located in a field of smaller debris. The Australians spotted a round grey object and an orange rectangular object. The Australian navy is on scene and is expected to arrive at the Australian located objects in a few hours.

On the news right now, the Malaysian PM says that Inmarsat engineers have calculated that the "pings" came from the end of the southern arc and the plane is now presumed down in the Indian ocean west of Perth.

Member for

19 years 2 months

EGTC:

Good day!

Would you mind posting the link that mentions the Ftl 370 mayday call coming fm Thailand? Are there any follow-ups to this transmission??

Tks

Member for

11 years 6 months

On the news right now, the Malaysian PM says that Inmarsat engineers have calculated that the "pings" came from the end of the southern arc and the plane is now presumed down in the Indian ocean west of Perth.

How is it that it has taken until now for the information from Inmarsat to be calculated and published? Huge resources in time and money have been wasted when presumably the search could have been directed to the area west of Perth many days ago.

Member for

20 years 6 months

How is it that it has taken until now for the information from Inmarsat to be calculated and published?

As a wild guess: Politics.

According to France24, the engineers used a technique or calculations never used before.

Member for

11 years 6 months

As a layman it does seem extraordinary that with all the tracking, listening and monitoring technology now available a large airliner can completely disappear for many days, with absolutely no indication as to its whereabouts.

Member for

12 years

It seems inconceivable that all airliners can't be fitted with a simple GPS transmitter, allowing continuous location, speed and directional data to be monitored, without having to rely on primary and secondary radar systems. If MH 370 had something like this, we would have known immediately where it went. I hope with this and the Air France accident a few years ago, there is some initiative towards introducing such systems.

Something that's occured to me, it's astonishing that we haven't heard anything much from Boeing in all this time.

Member for

14 years 1 month

It seems inconceivable that all airliners can't be fitted with a simple GPS transmitter, allowing continuous location, speed and directional data to be monitored, without having to rely on primary and secondary radar systems. If MH 370 had something like this, we would have known immediately where it went. I hope with this and the Air France accident a few years ago, there is some initiative towards introducing such systems.

It would need to be mandatory. So often with these things, it's an option for the airlines.

Member for

18 years 3 months

I didn't know the 777 fuselage was composite.
Still, I bet the authorities and or Boeing know how it would react. I'd have to imagine some sort of computer modeling was done at some point in the 777s development.

Also, we haven't heard much of the Chinese dissident theory since China said it checked out all its people on the flight.
At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, I'm really not sure China would readily admit to a large or well-organized group that could carry out an "event" like this.

What Chinese dissident theory? That's way out of left field. A Chinese dissident that's pro US because we all know any Chinese citizen who speaks out against their government is automatically a friend of the US? Therefore did they get training from the CIA to commit this crime?

I can think of a lot more plausible conspiracy theories than that one. After all it is a Boeing aircraft. All the information from and about the aircraft's systems are from the US. Got to cover-up any flaws. Look at the all the 787 problems. Can't have the 777 get a bad reputation. Look at GM's cover-up that killed a dozen drivers of their cars. The plane was full of non-Americans so why not send out disinformation like it was terrorists. They tried blaming it on Iran at first because of the fake passports. Interesting also how the US has been trying to stop China from doing business with Iran. Why not where the US shot down the aircraft and then blame it on Iran just to get China angry at Iran? The reason why they say the aircraft crashed in probably the worst part of the world because of rough seas is to get people to believe it can't be found and not bother to look while the real crash site is somewhere else maybe even on land where the wreckage is being gathered and melted down and the bodies cremated so there's no trace. After all where the flight went missing is surrounded by US friendly countries.

It's really easy to think up anything from nothing. But mine is vastly more plausible than yours because why would a Chinese dissident bother to make Chinese dissidents look bad by killing a lot of innocent people and using a non-Chinese aircraft.

Member for

19 years 5 months

What Chinese dissident theory? That's way out of left field. A Chinese dissident that's pro US because we all know any Chinese citizen who speaks out against their government is automatically a friend of the US? Therefore did they get training from the CIA to commit this crime?

The trolls are out early tonight.
Who said anything about the CIA?

There are anti-government groups in China who have done various recent attacks...like the one at the railway station.
I was just asking..as others had asked... if one of those had been involved.

I don't assume any anti-Chinese government group is pro-US, anyone with an once of sense knows nothing is that simple in that part of the world.
The US doesn't want China doing business with Iran because of if its nuclear program. Hardly rocket science to figure that out. But then again, you might be okay with Iran nuking Israel.

As far as your anti-Boeing/US/West (you've got to watch out for those tricky Aussies...:) ) tirade..it speaks for itself.

Member for

12 years 4 months

The 777 has three fuel tank assembly's, one in each wing and one in the centre wing box. the 777-200LR has the option of factory fitting extra tanks in the fwd and aft cargo bays. These are fitted as close to the centre wing box as practical for C of G reasons. (God knows how they get to the air conditioning mixer unit and the recirc fans) There is no fuel tank in the fwd avionics bay.
The 777's fuselage skin, frames and stringers are made of aluminium alloy. The wing boxes are also made of aluminium alloy Off the top of my head I can't remember what the fin and stab are made of.
The aircraft has a very large amount of composite bits on it and I should imagine the debris field the day it crashed was huge. After two weeks in the roughest seas on the planet, I should imagine it will be spread very thinly over hundreds of miles.

Rgds Cking

Thx for the info CKing. It was hard to get a clear picture on that matter with only docs available on the net.

Member for

18 years 3 months

The trolls are out early tonight.
Who said anything about the CIA?

There are anti-government groups in China who have done various recent attacks...like the one at the railway station.
I was just asking..as others had asked... if one of those had been involved.

I don't assume any anti-Chinese government group is pro-US, anyone with an once of sense knows nothing is that simple in that part of the world.
The US doesn't want China doing business with Iran because of if its nuclear program. Hardly rocket science to figure that out. But then again, you might be okay with Iran nuking Israel.

As far as your anti-Boeing/US/West (you've got to watch out for those tricky Aussies...:) ) tirade..it speaks for itself.

I knew you would be a hypocrite and a bit touchy. I just gave you more plausible conspiracies. Are you going to deny GM covered-up a defect allowing people to die? Not much of a stretch that there could be a cover-up here. You still haven't explained your dissident theory? Yeah the "dissidents" you're referring to have been relegated to knife attacks. Not very sophisticated. They would need help in order to fly a 777. And who would provide that help? The CIA... People who call terrorists "dissidents" are just the terrorists they like. Just like how Saddam the brutal dictator wasn't called a brutal dictator when he was an ally of the West.

Also because you were so enraged by my post you completely missed the part where I said it was a more plausible conspiracy theory than your far fetch fantasy that you hope were true. I didn't say my example was true. Just more plausible than your nonsense.

Member for

11 years 6 months

"My conspiracy theory is better than yours!!!! "
So yet another thread descends into big girls scrapping with handbags.......

Member for

20 years 8 months

Chaps don't make me close the thread. There's some good discussion on here and we should all respect each others opinions and points of view.

The bad weather is a bummer, if there is any debris it could be scattered far and wide by the time the weather improves.