Read the forum code of contact

A bit hard to believe but so the story goes :

Read it here

Original post

Member for

19 years 2 months

27 Vet:

Good day!

Interesting story as told! I think like the previous comment says he was prob inside the baggage compartment area. I believe that area is a bit warmer. This one lucky fellow does not remember what happened. We also do not know the long term outcome of the trip. Some snakes have been also found inside aircraft!! Missing cats also! It was after all a good landing! There has to be more details!!

Hello fah619!
I will try to find the FAA report. I don't know the Boeing 767 well, but he could have been near a hot bleed air duct since the engines are wing mounted and the bleed air would pass through the wheel well area. That could be why he didn't freeze to death. The bleed air temperature is as hot as 400 degrees when it leaves the engine and is cooled progressively through the system.

This reporter is demonstrating where the stowaway sat, as you can see there is a big bleed air duct above his head, the air passing through it would probably be around 200°C. It will be very interesting to see the FAA report but that is a few months away.

http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/17/29/29/41/767_wh10.jpg

Member for

19 years 2 months

27 Vet:

This case is getting a bit more interesting with the passage of time. You may be right, if he was inside the L/wheel well, that area may be a lot warmer than previously thought. The only prob is surviving for so long (5 hrs) w/o O2?? Some Drs are a bit perplexed by it. Believe it or not there are a few case studies on these incidents.

The latest info on this side of the world is that the adventure about going to Hawaii was a random act. Did he leave a note for his parents?? where a 15-16 yr old get this idea from?? Why choose San Jose Airport?

2 B Cont....

Member for

12 years 4 months

Some low cost airlines are alrdy probably looking how to fit (and charge) for an extra passenger seat in there ;)

Member for

19 years 5 months

The latest info on this side of the world is that the adventure about going to Hawaii was a random act. Did he leave a note for his parents?? where a 15-16 yr old get this idea from?? Why choose San Jose Airport?
2 B Cont....

The latest is he was trying to visit his mother in Somalia...

They released a video from a security camera. It indeed shows him exiting the wheel well.