Plane Crashes At Oxford

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/3296879.stm

Flight From Brussels has crashed alll people killed onboard. It JUST missed a busy Dual Carriageway

Original post

Member for

20 years 7 months

Hmm, I dont think they come from EBBR, BRU, because these small planes are not allowed to fly in major airports, well they can but have to pay a high amount of money, or it must be a police cessna. I never saw a Cessna at Brussels before, but there are a few based there, owned by the police department and/or the army.

Member for

20 years 7 months

The pilot choked in a can of beer and fell forward on the yoke:D

Member for

21 years

Jeanske_SN, I find that comment extremely offensive and in very bad taste. Oxford is my home airport, it is the airport that I'm training for my ATPL at and it is 3 miles from my home. The plane came over my house just before it crashed and this has effected me massively.

I didn't know those onboard, but the fact that it was so close to home just as I'm about to start my training at the airport has shaken me, it's an awful day. My heart felt condolences go out to those who died.

The plane was on finals to RWY 20, the end of this runway is litterally 10 metres from the A44, the field it came down in is just a few metres from the village of Yarton. This is an accident that could have been a lot worse.

It's certainly not something to be joking about.

Member for

20 years 5 months

The aircraft was a TBM700 (on the N register), crash happened at 1120 this morning. 2 belgians and one french person were on board. The aircraft was on the approach for runway 01.

The airport fire and resuce service were on the scene VERY quickly and police and ambulance crews not long after them.

Jeanske_SN your comments aren't really appropriate at this time.

Condolences to the family and friends of those on board. May they rest in peace.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I echo the thoughts of Martin and PofC.

R.I.P. :(

Member for

21 years

PofC, are you sure it was coming in on 01? That's a grass runway and is very rarely used. It would either have been 02 or 20. I got the impression 20 was being used today.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Any suggestions as to the cause yet ?

Apparently it was seen making a normal approach when it suddenly spiralled down to it's left.

Member for

21 years

Three things came to my mind, firstly a locked rudder? Pilot heart attack or health problem.....or, although I don't like to think about it, deliberate.

We don't have an ILS at EGTK, it's only an NDB approch, so it would have been completely manual.

Member for

21 years

Latest news is that the pilot might have been trying to go around and the aircraft stalled.

Member for

20 years 5 months

It could have been for any number of reasons, please don't speculate on the cause and just wait for the AAIB to investigate the accident fully. That is after all what they are paid to do.

Martin, runway 01/19 is the old 02/20, the QDM of the runway has changed due the variation changing.

Member for

21 years

wow, didn't know that, thanks for the update! When did it change? I haven't got my charts yet, they are due to arrive from OAT along with my welcome pack, books and uniform next week.

Member for

20 years 5 months

It changed earlier in the year. Good luck at Oxford you will have a great time, I have just finished my ATPL groundschool with them.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Originally posted by Jeanske_SN

I think you should take a long look alot yourself if you find comments like that funny after something like this. How can you be so... How can I put it.. so damn disrepectful.
R.I.P All those on board.

Member for

20 years 7 months

I'm sorry about my comment.

THE AIRPLANE CONTAINED THE CEO OF CARREFOUR (supermarket chain) AND HIS WIFE! Maybe it is the ceo of carrefour belgium, or the ceo of the whole group (which also contains france).
Carrefour came in Belgium by purchasing other supermarket chains.

Member for

20 years 7 months

That last was not entirely correct, it was the biggest shareholder of carrefour, i believe his wife, and also a flemish pilot. It was on the news this evening, but there is no information about the cause yet.

Member for

21 years 1 month

Originally posted by Jeanske_SN

and "SNBA isn't that expensive".

But some of their fans are obviously morons!:rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 6 months

Ya know, when I saw this on the news, I saw that the reckage was that of a small plane. Then they said it was in Oxford. The First thing I though was "I hope its not Martin"

Honestly! I was a relief to log on this morning and see martin posting. Phew!

Member for

21 years

Thanks for your concern Sandy. I've had so many people calling to check it wasn't me which has really made it hit home. I really appreciate it mate.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I dont mean to be nasty with this and I have the same feelings about it as you Martin but on a lighter note did some people phoning hope it was you :)

Member for

21 years

In a word....no