Original post
Profile picture for user Jeanske_SN

Member for

16 years 3 months

Visit their website and you might find out :rolleyes:

Profile picture for user Jeanske_SN

Member for

16 years 3 months

This airline connects Lugano, Geneva and Venice. It uses a fleet of DHC8Q300. I believe there wer problems lately (or was that with another airline) that the runway at Lugano is getting a bit too short for it's approach (nose down, It's in the mountains). I don't know this problem has been solved yet.

Profile picture for user KabirT

Member for

19 years 11 months

yea read about it in AW's news section i think.

Profile picture for user Airline owner

Member for

16 years 2 months

Please look at this thread ( my first photo ever)

Profile picture for user robc

Member for

16 years 6 months

Yeah its in this months AW

Member for

19 years 11 months

The runway approach problem at Lugano is with the Saab 2000, which FOCA (not the Formula One Constructors Association, but the [Swiss] Federal Office of Civil Aviation) suddenly decided in the late summer that the Saab 2000 was too big for the approach, despite it having operated into LUG since day 1 of operations for Crossair/Swiss.

The ruling was appealed by the local district, and permission for the Saab to continue operating to LUG granted whilst the ruling is looked at again.

As for flybaboo, they're a new swiss company who've turned up since LX decided to stop all domestic flights as of the winter schedule this year (Except LUG-ZRH). They're operating using German registered aircraft, and the AOC of a german company (I think it's Cirrus?) whilst they apply for their own AOC.

Profile picture for user Mark L

Member for

16 years 8 months

So is Fly Baboo competing with SWISS on any of these routes? If not I don't understand the authorities decision to try and impede the airline by trying to stop the use of the Saabs?