Do MYT fly to Larnaca from the North East?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hi all,

Just starting to research some flights for next year for some of my family. I've flown to Larnaca a few times so am familiar with most of the operations there from my 3 local airports (MME, NCL & LBA).

I wonder if someone could check my list and confirm that I haven't missed anything off. (Obviously I know I can connect via other airports if I want using BA, CY and KL).

Teesside
Spanair - Wednesday

Newcastle
Thomas Cook - Wednesday
Helios - Saturday
Britannia - Sunday
Excel - Sunday

I can't see anything for MYT - is this correct? I also can't find anything from Leeds Bradford; there used to be a Monday rotation to Larnaca with MYT I think?

Thanks in advance. :)

Original post

Member for

20 years 6 months

theres a good point.

you don't see much MYT up north.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well MYT do have a based aircraft at LBA and two based at NCL in the Summer, so we're not short of MYT activity here in the North East. Obviously they no longer fly from Teesside, but their flights have been replaced by JKK so to the general public, they don't notice much of a difference.

Just wondered why I can't a LCA flight? :confused:

Member for

19 years 11 months

you don't see much MYT up north.
MYT is based at MAN :confused:

Member for

20 years 6 months

Man is hardly north.

We're talking about the REAL north, IE Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Man is hardly north.

Not sure people from Manchester (like me) would agree :D

Member for

20 years 6 months

its more middle ;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

lol...I agree with Pablo on this; sorry BM :)

Anyway, back on topic....can anyone help? :confused:

Member for

20 years 6 months

so if man is in the north.. what does that make Edinburgh?

Member for

19 years 11 months

Scotland :) I've never considered, or been told, I come from the Midlands :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

Manchester is Northern England. Edinburgh is Scotland or Northern U.K.

Now then guys, can I have my thread back please? ;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

From the NorthEast? you mean Sheepville (aka Ehberdean)?

Member for

24 years 3 months

No I mean North East England; LBA, MME, NCL. :)

Member for

20 years 2 months

I'm positive that My Travel don't fly to Larnaca from Newcastle, they fly to Paphos. However, I wouldn't class Manchester as "North East England".

Member for

20 years 1 month

MYT dont fly to Larnaca this year from NCL, not sure if they are next year or not. Manchester is classed as being in Northern or North Western England, which is strange, because it is nearer the middle of the country than anywhere else, so it should be in the Midlands should it not?

Member for

20 years 11 months

Pembo, according to MyTravel.com, they are operating the same flight next year as this year from LBA to LCA. It leaves at 16:10 Sunday night, arriving 02:45 Monday the next day. The flight numbers are MYT371 and MYT372.

Hope that helps :)

Member for

20 years 6 months

MYT dont fly to Larnaca this year from NCL, not sure if they are next year or not. Manchester is classed as being in Northern or North Western England, which is strange, because it is nearer the middle of the country than anywhere else, so it should be in the Midlands should it not?

My point entirely

Member for

24 years 3 months

Cheers LBA - a sane response. Thanks also Johnny. :)

I knew I remember MYT operating to LCA last year from LBA but couldn't remember if it was still running. Strange though that with 2 aircraft based at NCL, they don't run a flight to LCA from there.

Got there in the end...and with no extra charge for the Geography lesson! :cool:

Member for

20 years

MYT fly to Larnaca from Teesside, Newcastle and Glasgow

Member for

20 years 11 months

MyTravel Airways do not fly from Newcastle (We have already discussed that), Spanair operate their flights from Teeside and since when has Glasgow been in North East England?

You've only missed out the one airport that MYT does fly to Larnaca from, LBA!

Member for

19 years 11 months

My point entirely

Manchester is, geographically speaking, in roughly the middle of the UK (it's just north of Blackburn) but not England. AFAIK, the Midlands always refers to West Midlands (Birmingham etc) and East Midlands (Nottingham etc) because they are close to the middle of England (it's not far from BHX). Manchester, on the other hand, is in North West England.

In general I always understood it that if someone says "up North" they mean Northern England (i.e. Yorkshire, the North West and North East England), Scotland and Northern Ireland. I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever heard the North West classified as the Midlands.

BTW, how long has Leeds (c 40 miles ENE of Manchester) been in the North East? I always thought it was in Yorkshire.

I'm not trying to be pedantic or argumentative; just never heard Manchester being classified as the Midlands before and from my perspective it seemed a bit odd :confused: :D