Winter routes from CWL

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 8 months

Hi
I'm very doubtful of bmibaby expanding this winter from CWL but I wondered if you had any info regarding any new routes by any of the airlines operating at CWL. I know Air Wales have confirmed they'll be announcing 3 new routes at the end of summer; I'm guessing Aberdeen, Shannon and Glasgow Int. Do you have info on the rumored CWL-Newark route? Regards, Spence

Original post

Member for

20 years 2 months

LOL CWL-SNN that has disaster written all over it.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Because FR aren't operating it?

On what do you base that comment?

Member for

20 years 10 months

No not because of that, its because its not Dublin, and he likes to take any opportunity to bash Shannon.

Member for

20 years 5 months

No not because of that, its because its not Dublin, and he likes to take any opportunity to bash Shannon.

Agreed

Member for

20 years 10 months

Thats worrying, we agree on something! :D

Member for

19 years 10 months

Why? Surely it would be a good feeder service for SNN's transatlantic operations

Member for

20 years 5 months

Note how shamrock is active on others threads, yet does not answer this to give a reaso for his comments?

Just a pro FR outburst I suspect

Member for

20 years 10 months

Think your exactly right there mate.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Sorry inspector Bmused but I had other things to do today.Air Wales flights to Dublin act as a better feeder for transatlantic flights.My comment had nothing to do Ryanair.
I dont think you really have any idea what Shannon is like.Its this rather large husing estate which has its own airport.
Tourism figures show that tourism in the west of ireland is on the down.Shannon just isnt able to sustain flights and Cardiff isnt the most appealing place for tourists or buissnes.There are 3 million people living in the republic and 1.5million of us live in Dublin.Knock would probably work better.There just isnt anything in the Shannon area.id put money on it that if they start it-it wont last a year.
Im not taking a bash at Shannon the fact is there isnt a large enough market.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Well, these airline bods know soemthing you don;t apparently.

I think they're more that qualified to make the decisions. and as such its not our place to say if its a bad idea or not, purely because we don;t have the numbers to crunch and they have.

Member for

19 years 8 months

I don't think they'd start Knock. Although i'm guessing bmibaby will pull out in the next year if they did start their own service to Knock Air Wales wouldn't stand a chance, there isn't the market. Given Air Wales are getting a reputation for axeing routes only months after they start I don't think they'll want any mor ebad publicity.

Member for

20 years 2 months

This is a route that will be axed.I relaise they are more qualified to make these decision but it doesnt take a bloody rocket scintist to work out that CWL-SNN WILL NOT WORK.

Member for

20 years 10 months

You keep saying that the routes will not work, yet they havent even started.

In your opinion , Shannon might be a 'big housing estate with an airport', but other people might like it.

Give it a chance for gods sake, you have nothing to back up your arguement.

If the airlines didnt think it would work, they wouldnt start the route.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Air Wales have started routes in the past that havnt work as have many other airlines including Ryanair and Easyjet.