Sunset photos.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

One of the major perks of being a pilot is the fantastic sunsets and sunrises we get to see that those who are earthbound don't get the chance to view.

So I thought we could post our piccies of sunsets or sunrises here - I always find them inspiring and uplifting! No "lifted" pics though - you're own work please!

Here's one I prepared earlier....MAN-BHD 12/8/04, overhead IOM.

Attachments
Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

A couple from MYT666 STN-ACE last week.

Attachments

Member for

19 years 9 months

one maybe 2 words can describe those sunsets AWSOMELY, AMAZING

Member for

20 years 4 months

Not from the air but from the airport

Member for

24 years 2 months

Airband beat me to it, as he says awesome. Moondance, those are just incredible images.

Member for

24 years 2 months

skypilot - i guess your a Dash 8 pilot then? How often do you come into Belfast City??

Member for

20 years 8 months

Got a few more here....one from the airport and one from the air. Aerial view is onboard Australian Airlines descending into Singapore.

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

I have not got many sunset shots as i live quite far away from the airport. I always arrive too late and have to go too early. Maybe that this winter there'll be more luck with the shorter days.

1) LHR
2) LHR
3) AMS main tower.
4) London. I had hoped to make it to Tower Bridge to make a picture of this sunset with the bridge as a frame, but the sun set too fast so I had to settle for this. Shame really. I believe this is the bridge to Cannon Street station?

Member for

20 years 10 months

Wow what amazing shots, a great thread.

Member for

24 years 2 months

skypilot - i guess your a Dash 8 pilot then? How often do you come into Belfast City??

On that day, 3 times plus I stayed the night! I'm there at least a couple of times a week.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Attachments

Member for

20 years 10 months

I've probably showed most of these during the last year so I apologize for reposting them but they fit this thread.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Not even aviation-related, but a nice sky over Salford:

Member for

20 years 9 months

Amazing Pictures thanks for sharing guys :D

Member for

19 years 8 months

Amazing Pictures thanks for sharing guys :D

Yes, great shots!
Here are a couple of mine, taken on Air Canada Flight 842 into Glasgow International, the only thing that beats a west coast sunrise is a west coast sunset :D

Attachments

Member for

19 years 10 months

These are fantastic pics, thanks for sharing.
Whickey Delta, the Cockpit pictue is stunning. :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Wow!! some awesome pics.

well done everyone who took 'em

Member for

20 years 6 months

Moondance, I think your picture as your avatar is worth money. I don't know who could be interested in buying it, but it's really a very good and unique image.
Very nice pictures all!

Member for

24 years 2 months

LBA-AGP Mytravel B757-200.

Attachments

Member for

20 years 10 months

Fantastic shot Lyndon.

Seems like you have got the image resizer to work, hope to see more :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

On that day, 3 times plus I stayed the night! I'm there at least a couple of times a week.

skypilot62 - if you ever want to have a look at my A320 FLight Deck your more than welcome and i live less than 5 minutes from the airport up the bypass!