Hungry ickle DanAir boy needs info!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 7 months

I am sure you all know by now that I like my in-flight food! I am travelling with BA on Friday from MAN-LGW, flight departs MAN 0755, whats the chance of getting a hot brekkie, a freebie? Or even tea and coffee on the house would still be better than the dreaded no frills.

Fly back Bank holiday Monday leaving LGW 0900, what will I get on the return?

Please help reassure me that I get something? I greedy lickle boy who likes my FOOD!

Original post

Member for

19 years 7 months

Someone help me, I will rest easy then and look forward to my little weekend away! The aircraft is a 737-400 by the way.

Member for

24 years 2 months

AFAIK, all BA Shuttle departures pre 10am get a hot Breakfast, certainly on the LHR-GLA route. Having said that, it's about 2 years since I've flown BA that early, and later in the day it's the dreaded All day deli inedible doggy bag. :s That can't be much time inflight to serve anything up MAn-LGW? (even Glasgow is only 50 odd mins in the air from London...)

Member for

19 years 7 months

A brekkie would be fantastic, are LGW bound flights treated the same as the LHR shuttle bound flights? If it is true and Im due a hot breakfast then BA are fantastic!!

Member for

20 years 5 months

you'll need to remember that the inflight time on such a short run is not long enough for a full plated meal. Basically because there is little time to hand it out!
You can expect something hot. Just don't expect anything extravagant.

Member for

19 years 10 months

all flights to london i have been on from MAN have had a choice of breakfast sandwich, not hot either, but there is tea or coffee, all free of course due to BA being a proper airline

Member for

24 years 2 months

Normally a hot brekkie or brekkie sarnie (Club get brekkies, cattle class don't, unless you ask super nicely and the crew like you) - no frills and all drinks are complimentary (I mean free - just in case you wonder why your cup of char doesn't say how nice you look ;) )

Member for

20 years 5 months

Normally a hot brekkie or brekkie sarnie (Club get brekkies, cattle class don't, unless you ask super nicely and the crew like you) - no frills and all drinks are complimentary (I mean free - just in case you wonder why your cup of char doesn't say how nice you look ;) )

Listen to the pilot danairboy ;)

chances are he'll be up front on your flight, so don't pi$$ him off. LOL

Member for

19 years 7 months

At least I wont be fumbling for change for a cup of tea. im looking forward to my little weekend away anyway and glad Im on BA and not no-frills.

Member for

19 years 8 months

you'll need to remember that the inflight time on such a short run is not long enough for a full plated meal. Basically because there is little time to hand it out!

Not sure what BA offer on MAN, but not true about the lack of time Mr Bmused. Many years ago in the good old days, when Brit Mid used the DC-9 on LHR-LBA, it was not uncommon to serve 105 drinks, 105 meals, and 105 cups of tea or coffee on the evening northbound into LBA - I've seen it done, and as long as the crew had their act together, its all reasonably achievable.

Andy

Member for

20 years 10 months

You'll get a hot sandwich (either bacon or sausage depending on the catering rotation with a veggie option if you prefer) and a cup of tea or coffee. All included in the price.

To get a full hot breakfast on domestic flights (no such thing as 'Shuttle' any more (I think I explained that in a thread somemonths ago)) from LHR/LGW you have to be going to Scotland.

Manchester flights used to have a hot breakfast in the days when we had more crew onboard.

Enjoy.

1L.

Member for

20 years 5 months

And what if I flew the shuttle flight EDI-LHR on a ba757?

full brakfast on that if I depart before 10am?

Member for

20 years 10 months

Yes indeed. Bacon, egg, sausage and mushrooms for you Sir.

1L.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Yes indeed. Bacon, egg, sausage and mushrooms for you Sir.

1L.

oo, sounds good!

can't wait till I'm booked :D