CDG Spotting

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 6 months

I'm thinking of going to Paris CDG for a spotting trip,is it worth a visit ?

Can you see planes without being through departures and if so where are the best places Thanks

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Actually CDG's spotting is not easy from the terminal if you're not in the Boarding area.
Some areas from the outside allows some nice spotting though , especially from terminal one (CDG1) . From here one can spot and take pictures quite easily.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Welcome to the asylum Hagar

Member for

24 years 2 months

??????

Member for

19 years 9 months

Hagar, You can veiw & take good photo's from the mound.....from terminal 3(the one the low cost & charter airline's use),walk toward's the RER station, from there walk toward's an Air France building then turn left,with a car park on your right,after you pass the car park turn right onto a grassed area,then walk toward's the parallel taxiway's.
I was here earlier this year & spent 2 day's without any hassle from the authorities,it is an excellent place for photo's as there is a fence in a ditch which does not come into veiw on your photo's.
My advice would be to go & have a good time.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I never heard about any hassle from the cops at CDg nor ORY.
As long as you stay out of the fence of course.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I am currently spending most weeks in Paris with work so spend many a day at CDG 6 excellent spotting, lots of variety, and most of the spotters i see here that are brits are usually daytrippers with EZY and alike.

CDG has several excellent viewing areas, the best of which is undoubtidly where thesaint has pointed out where with good binocs you can read off all the movements. Le Bourget is about 3-4 miles away which is where i am working out of, and is the biz-jet capital of europe. Anything from Beech 200 props to B777s/747s/707s/A340s and anything in between (esp 727s!). Well worth pooping down here for an hour on bus 350. Also Orly is to the south of the city and can be reached by train direct from CDG in under an hour. Hope its of use - i am certainly making the most of mly time here!!!