EDi, LTN and NCL - what do they all have in common???

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Me! You can all see my Sig and i was wondering if some people could help answer some questions on the three airports:

1st - Spotting at LTN any good as i got a LONG day at the hell hole which is Luton! I saw Grey Areas photos - easy to get to from Terminal??

2nd - Spotting at NCL any good? NCRULES might be best. Im there for a long day too!

3rd - Flybe Belfast to Newcaslte please tell me its a Dash 8 Q400 :D

4th - What is service like on flybe now as last time i flew it was Jersey and you got a Cadbury?? "Wispa" on the 146s with your meal (its true!!) I am obv aware of them now being Lowcost and all but what is it like?

5th - Anyone want to meet up? I would be VERY grateful if someone could show me spotting locations etc. Esp Silver Snapper at EDI!!

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

Sorry to dissapoint you, you wont get that Whispa on FlyBe anymore, you wont get anything at all with your meal because there are no meals! I know how you feel, I am angry with them too!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Luton is quite nice to go spotting. From the terminal you must walk down the main road away from the main terminal. There you will find the taxiway crossing the road over a bridge. You can walk on the embankment and get almost on the same height as the planes. Hence nice full frame side-on shots.

Luton is not the busiest of airports though. Easyjet moslty and some other airlines with a handful of flights. And of course a never ending stream of biz-jets of various sizes. Largest I saw there when I was there (looong ago) was a BBJ. Must have been 1,5 years ago now.

Member for

20 years 1 month

NCL isnt bad, and I notice you will be here late October, so the new viewing facility should be open by then, whether or not its any good is something else though!
If its not open, round the back of the airport is decent, especially if rwy25 is in use. Otherwise, that field and callerton hill are good for landing shots/views if rwy7 is being used.
I would be happy to meet up with you, but I will have to get back to you cos I dont know if I will be going on that date.
Also, yes it will be a Dash8 from Belfast-NCL.

Johnny

Member for

19 years 11 months

Anyone want to meet up? I would be VERY grateful if someone could show me spotting locations etc. Esp Silver Snapper at EDI!!

Remind me nearer the time...if you can stand the company of a 'wrinkly'. :dev2:

Member for

20 years 2 months

I'd love to meet up andrew, sadly I'm coming home from ACE on the 28th. Sorry.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Ooo i'm going up to EDI on the 25th and back to MAN on the 26th!!! Tell me wot time and i might pop up earlier, tho i'd like a few hours in the city!

Member for

24 years 3 months

on all flights basically arrive by 10am and depart 8pm onwards back to Belfast.

Member for

24 years 3 months

captain ben - ill try and get a shot of you arriving if its before i leave :D

Silver Snapper - drinks on me :D

Member for

20 years 2 months

You'll have a hard job Andrew, I don't get in till 03:25! lol.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Can anyone tell me the series of Dash 8 I will be flying as as I would love to be travelling on a Q400 :D

Member for

20 years 11 months

Im pretty sure it will be a Q400, as all the photos Britannia posts on here from NCL are of the Q400. I would love to fly one myself!:)

Member for

24 years 3 months

ill email EGNT and ask :) (The airport not forum member lol)

Member for

19 years 8 months

New viewing area with bar/cafe open at the end of september.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Also does anyone know if flybe sell model planes onboard still?

Member for

20 years 6 months

Never had the opportunity on my Flybe flight. I don't think they do.

Member for

20 years 1 month

I don't think so. Not on the domestic flights atleast. But ask anyway because they are in the magazine, you might get lucky. :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Buying a model is a creature comfort for me!! Please dear god pleas have my aircraft type in stock flybe angel

Member for

20 years 1 month

Buying a model is a creature comfort for me!! Please dear god pleas have my aircraft type in stock flybe angel

Me too! :D Bought a model on eery return flight I've been on. :)

Member for

19 years 8 months

New viewing area at NCL due to open this weekend or early next week - earlier than expected.

For those that don't know where it is - its on the Check-in Level 1, go behind Travelex and through the doors into the new visitors lounge, and there it is!

Have fun!