How Much Did they Pay the Judges!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 11 months

bmibaby has been crowned Best No Frills Airline for a second consecutive year in the prestigious Telegraph Travel Awards.

It's a double victory for the airline after scooping the award in 2003 after just 18 months in operation.

The award was presented to David Bryon, the airline's commercial director by Little Britain star Matt Lucas, who is also the voice of the airline's mascot, Tiny, in its radio advertising campaigns. Matt Lucas hosted and presented the travel awards at a gala ceremony held last night (Monday 11 October 2004) at the Waldorf Hilton, London.

Tony Davis, managing director, bmibaby, said:

"We're absolutely thrilled to be the recipients of this fabulous award for the second year in succession. Our pledge and thanks to the readers of The Daily Telegraph who voted us into the top spot is to now dedicate this award to offering even more services to more destinations in 2005. Receiving awards, especially when they are voted for by our customers is a real honour and to receive it twice in what is only our 31st month in operation proves that we're a low cost airline that's getting it right."

2004 has already seen bmibaby re-launch its website to become more customer friendly and launch online seat selection, allowing passengers to choose their specific seat on the aircraft at the time of booking. bmibaby was the first airline to use an express integrated check-in facility at Nottingham East Midlands Airport, the first of its kind in Europe, and has both a generous hand-baggage and checked-baggage allowance.

bmibaby is set to operate over seven hundred flights a week throughout Europe with the introduction of services from Birmingham International Airport on 7 January 2005, adding to its existing European operations from Nottingham East Midlands, Cardiff, Manchester, London Gatwick and Durham Tees Valley airports. Last year the airline carried in excess of three million passengers on its services throughout the UK & Channel Islands, the Netherlands, Spain, France, Ireland, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Portugal

I find this very hard to believe when they have such a poor punctuality record and some of the bad things I read about them!

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

Obviously not everyone feels the same way that you do. The Daily Telegraph's readers have voted it their favourite.

Member for

20 years 11 months

I dont think anything about them, I have never flown them.

Its just just about everytime ive looked at flight arrivals and a bmi baby a/c has been on it, there has been at least one with a hefty delay. They have been in the news lots in the past years for problems with a/c shortages.

Member for

19 years 8 months

Flown them twice. The in-flight drink and snack selection, available for purchase is apalling. I like the fact you can pre-book seats though, its much more civilised.

The watery cup a soups are an insult. Why not offer decent sandwiches, people would pay for them, Im sure!

The scruffy cabin staff T-shirts, look like they have been washed on a slightly too warm cycle and the white has greyed.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Is the inflight snack selection all that matters?

Shouldnt you judge them on was the flight on time, friendly staff, comfortable seats, flight at good price etc etc.

Member for

19 years 8 months

I gave due credit to their pre-bookable seats, a welcome touch for no-frills.

Their call-centre, misleading price advertising, scruffy looking t-shirts, awful food and drink and delapidated aircraft interiors warrant criticism.

Member for

20 years

Why are you introducing such irrelevant issues, Tom?

We all know that the in-flight nosh is all that really matters. :rolleyes:

In fact, the only reason that airlines exist at all is to serve in-flight meals.

Member for

20 years 11 months

LOL @ Grey :D

Whatever Danair...

Member for

20 years 2 months

They were OK, but not outstanding. Both my flights were late, outbound, 45 minutes late, inbound, 1 hour 30 minutes.

Member for

20 years 6 months

I enjoyed my flights with bmibaby. Both on time & the crew on the outbound sector were brilliant.

Member for

20 years 2 months

The crew were the only positive thing really!!

Member for

19 years 8 months

Some of their advertising is inspired though. Flying from BHX last week, I saw a brilliant billboard with the slogan 'Birmingham is expecting a baby' Brilliant I thought!

Member for

20 years 2 months

That isn't new! They do that every time they announce a new base.

Member for

19 years 10 months

My brother, Daniel flew with them, a short delay but he enjoyed the flight!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Is the inflight snack selection all that matters?

Shouldnt you judge them on was the flight on time, friendly staff, comfortable seats, flight at good price etc etc.

danairboy did not mention only the inflight meals, so that is not all that matters to him. He did also talk about the scruffiness of the cabin crew.

Surely he is agreeing with you (which is something that rarely happens). You complained about the how punctual the airline is and he complained about watery cup-a-soups, which suggests that neither of you are particularly fond of the airline.