Nexus Airways

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 4 months

To All,

There will be a new airline called Nexus Airways flying from Liverpool in the near future but does anybody know any more information about them?

Thanks

Original post

Member for

19 years 4 months

Not much on the site!

Any idea what aircraft they will have?

DME

Not a great deal on the site but I did hear that they will either operate B737-300's or A320-200's

Aviation Man

Member for

20 years 1 month

Not new, this was announced bout March or April on this forum if i remember corecctly.

Member for

20 years 5 months

I had some dealings with them about a livery.
they eventually stopped returning my e-mails.

Seem like they're run by a bunch of fans than businessmen. I can't say why just now.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Any idea what aircraft they will have?
DME

According to AW, they will operate B737's at first and then will gradually replace them with A320's.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Website seems to be a similar level of tackyness to Skybus!!

Member for

19 years 10 months

Were these the ones running a poll asking people where they should fly to?

Member for

19 years 4 months

I think so Pablo

Aviation Man

Member for

19 years 5 months

Its a non starter if you ask me

Member for

20 years 5 months

the thing I don't see working is that they plan to start up with a 737, then in a year switch to Airbus A320's.
Ok, others have switched from B to A like this.. but only once well established. New starts and 1 year old airlines cannot simply switch their fleet.

Either start with A320s or make do with 737s (not that there's is anything wrong with either aircraft!)

Thats what makes me think this airline is run by fans.... airbus fans it would seem.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Sandy,

They could be planning to Wet Lease in B737 for first year until they get a pile of dosh built up then Dry Lease A320s with their own Pilots being recruited.

I think the Lease Market has lots of B737s on offer when compared to A320s atm.

It wont make that much of a differance for them but im still under opinion that its not going to happen [the airline]!

Member for

20 years 5 months

Sandy,

They could be planning to Wet Lease in B737 for first year until they get a pile of dosh built up then Dry Lease A320s with their own Pilots being recruited.

I think the Lease Market has lots of B737s on offer when compared to A320s atm.

It wont make that much of a differance for them but im still under opinion that its not going to happen [the airline]!

Andrew... you obviously know very little about running an airline.
There is more to changing aircraft types than just the pilots.

I don't know it all or even a lot... but I know that their plans are not the soundest, in financial terms.