Dublin Meet

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 9 months

I am finishing school early this December due to the end of my mock exams and am currently very tempted to book myself a final flight to finish off an extremely interesting year, aviation wise. I can fly to DUB from STN on 16th December (Thursday) for a price which I should be able to manage, just wondering if there is anyone on here that would like, or is able to join me? The main reason I have chose DUB is becuase this is my most likely chance to get on a 732 before they retire, and I know that FR205 (leaving STN at 0815) is more often than not a 732, after seeing it over my school every morning.

If anyone lives local please feel free to join me from STN, or if you're closer to LGW or LTN you could also fly FR from there.

This is not completely guaranteed yet, but I don't think I can resist the temptation for much longer! Aside this, can anyone offer any spotting tips for Dublin? And are the best spots easily accessible on foot from the terminal?

Original post

Member for

20 years 9 months

Well Dan i would love to join you assuming i could go fom BHX whether it would be FR or MYT Lite whatever.....:D the only problem with me is the date. I dont finish college till the day after, the 17th so if there could be a small change in date i could go otherwise......no lol.

Member for

20 years 11 months

I have my mock exams right on that date.... Doh!

Member for

20 years 9 months

Bit of a bummer! Most of my school also have mocks on that date, but I'm the lucky one and don't do any of the subjects that fall on that date. Then the day after it's the same case, so I break up for xmas a few days early :D

Member for

19 years 5 months

What's the big facination about these 732's. They're old, noisy and in need of a good clean :mad:

I'd rather see 738's at LPL & MAN.

Aviation Man

Member for

20 years 11 months

Well you might, but we want to get all we can of these classic a/c before they go completely. Because they are old and noisy, thats what makes them interesting!
Cant beat viewing and hearing a 732, a Ryanair 732 taking off 14 at LBA.. Heaven :D

Member for

20 years 9 months

What's the big facination about these 732's. They're old, noisy and in need of a good clean :mad:

I'd rather see 738's at LPL & MAN.

Aviation Man

Just so in a few years time when they are all rotting in scrap yards, and our only chances of flying on one will be in central Africa, I can atleast say 'I've flown on one'. Also just the experience, flying is becoming too relaxed and quiet for my liking!

Member for

20 years 11 months

Ive already had 2 flights on them, would still love more!

Member for

24 years 3 months

I should be able to join in with my car for transport :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

I wouldn't recommend Dublin.

It's a great airport, but its nothing too special. If you're close to Stansted, stick to that. You're going to get barely anything but Ryanair and the occasional Aer Arann ATRs and Aer Lingus Airbus' and Boeings.

The traffic becomes really tedious after an hour or two.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Dublin can be good for variety but yes can be sparse traffic at times!

Member for

20 years 9 months

I wouldn't recommend Dublin.

It's a great airport, but its nothing too special. If you're close to Stansted, stick to that. You're going to get barely anything but Ryanair and the occasional Aer Arann ATRs and Aer Lingus Airbus' and Boeings.

The main reason is to try and get on a 732, I'd only be spending a few hours spotting.

Member for

24 years 3 months

The main reason is to try and get on a 732, I'd only be spending a few hours spotting.

You did mention that earlier, its just me being dense as per usual! :rolleyes:

Member for

24 years 3 months

Only if you stand in that feckin field like we did. :eek:

Member for

20 years 9 months

Well my main aim of the trip would be to get on the 732, although it'd also be nice to spend a few hours catching some of the traffic (Aer Lingus A330's would be nice). There must surely be some stuff worth going for and photographing, other than the flight?

Member for

24 years 3 months

What field?

The Viewing Area is a raised embankment and hosts a Chip Van nearby also!! It offers good photos of RWY 28 without fences in the way!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Well my main aim of the trip would be to get on the 732, although it'd also be nice to spend a few hours catching some of the traffic (Aer Lingus A330's would be nice). There must surely be some stuff worth going for and photographing, other than the flight?

The main US traffic leaves early or mid morning. You'll get departing Aer Lingus A330's before noon generally ?

There's a good mix of European scheduled and cargo operators. Generally speaking it's 90% Aer Lingus, Ryanair and Aer Arran Express.

I'll check my diary, could use a meet in DUB not too mention a wee stroll through Temple Bar. :) :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

What field?

The Viewing Area is a raised embankment and hosts a Chip Van nearby also!! It offers good photos of RWY 28 without fences in the way!

Yeah we know, the chips were great. :D I'm talking about the sports fields at the Aer Lingus/Rianta social club under the approach. :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 11 months

God I wish I lived near STN, you have so many options of places to go on that day for such reasonable prices! DUB,SNN,CIA,BGY etc etc.. Though I know the main reason for the trip is to get the -200.

Member for

20 years 9 months

The main US traffic leaves early or mid morning. You'll get departing Aer Lingus A330's before noon generally ?

There's a good mix of European scheduled and cargo operators. Generally speaking it's 90% Aer Lingus, Ryanair and Aer Arran Express.

I'll check my diary, could use a meet in DUB not too mention a wee stroll through Temple Bar. :) :D

It would be excellent if you were available, get back to me asap and I can try and go ahead to book :D

Member for

24 years 3 months

Hey, less than fifty quid on Aer Lingus from GLA !

If my mates are up for a night on the town then I'm in there ! :D