"Ladies and gentlemen, hold on to your wallets: we're flying over Liverpool"

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 1 month

That is exactly what an Easyjet pilot told passengers on a recent flight as the plane flew over Liverpool at 35,000ft. http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91059-13247714,00.html

Apparently some people failed to see the joke...

Oh dear... :rolleyes:

(Apologies if this has been done already, I couldn't find anything on a search)

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

That's the best in flight announcement since an Emirates F/A said "we are now landing in the UAE, please set your watches back 1000 years". The announcer got fired by the way!

Member for

20 years 1 month

That's the best in flight announcement since an Emirates F/A said "we are now landing in the UAE, please set your watches back 1000 years". The announcer got fired by the way!
That's actually quite funny... :D

Though not a very clever thing to say if you value your job.

Member for

19 years 7 months

The funniest one I can remember hearing of involved a small commuter aircraft that was carrying a treatment group for those who suffer from a fear of flying amongst it's passenger's. Apparently,after hearing from one of the crew that some of the aforemetioned group were uneasy with being on such a small aircraft,the captain goes onto the PA system to give the group a bit of sight seeing to take their minds off their nerves,or so the passenger's think, he began the tour with

"Ladies and gentlemen,I understand some of you are a bit nervous about being on such a small aircraft,so to take your mind's off it I'd like to show you some of the sights we'll be overflying today.So to begin,if you'd look out over the right wing.............IT'LL TIP OVER!"

Apparently this set off panic attacks and the whole works,so I don't imagine the guy keeping his job somehow, pretty funny though.....

Member for

20 years

That is exactly what an Easyjet pilot told passengers on a recent flight as the plane flew over Liverpool at 35,000ft. http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91059-13247714,00.html

Apparently some people failed to see the joke...

Oh dear... :rolleyes:

(Apologies if this has been done already, I couldn't find anything on a search)

Can anyone explain the joke to an outsider? I've been to Liverpool but got away with my wallet safe! ;)

Member for

24 years 2 months

Can anyone explain the joke to an outsider? I've been to Liverpool but got away with my wallet safe! ;)

Why would they steal a wallet with euros?

Member for

20 years 10 months

Liverpools known for crime, though I dont think its that bad.

Great announcement BTW LOL, some people really need to get a sense of humour.

Member for

20 years 1 month

I heard a one like that, only that time they said Sunderland which makes it even funnier if ya from Newcastle!

Member for

20 years 1 month

FAO Sonnenflieger

People from Liverpool (or Scousers as they're also known as) have been stereotyped as thieves, lazy, on benefits, not willing to work, etc.

There is much (friendly) banter and jokes regarding Scousers, though some of them are obviously fed up with the stereotyping.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Liverpool is a Very Nice city! I like it much more than Manchester or Birmingham, and the city had cleaned up its image.
There's crime in every city so that EZY pilot should say the same bout London, or Paris ( where my camera got nicked back in 1996 :mad: )
Bring on 2008! :D

Member for

20 years 10 months

Im going to Liverpool next Saturday :)

Member for

20 years

Thanks for that LBARULES and 4 engines good!

@Tenthije: Euros? My so-called fellow countrymen decided to vote no to the Euro... but this was before the Euro anyway... :)

Member for

20 years 8 months

Liverpool is a Very Nice city! I like it much more than Manchester or Birmingham

Birmingham is a fantastic city, any images of a industrial city should be chucked out the window. The second city is much better than Manchester or Liverpool. BTW i'm not a 'brummie' and neither are the majority of people in this great city so any streotype you have with that irratating accent that should be chucked too. I think the Liverpool accent is REALLY annoying, especially if you listen to the Easyjet staff on "Airline"...... :dev2:

Member for

19 years 11 months

The second city is much better than Manchester or Liverpool
What a daft statement! ;)

What makes one city "better" than another anyway?

Member for

20 years 8 months

I dont know :D, guess its just me sticking up for my home town and i really do think Birmingham is 10X better than Manchester or Liverpool.......i'm sure anyone else would say the same about their home town;........ :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 5 months

Some folk have no sense of humour!

Member for

20 years 1 month

I still like the old one.....

What do you call a Scouser in a suit?

The Accused. :)