New Aircraft for bmi Baby

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 11 months

The ex Buzz 733s and an Easyjet 733 will be going to Baby very soon.

[ ] GTOYA Boeing B733 3Q8 26310 / 2680 GBZZE Due
Currently at Lasham
Trans fm bmiBritish Midland
[ ] GTOYB Boeing B733 3Q8 26311 / 2681 GBZZF Due
[ ] GTOYC Boeing B733 3Q8 26312 / 2693 GBZZG Due
Currently at lasham
[ ] GTOYD Boeing B733 300 26307 / 2664 GEZYT Due Mar 05
Ex Easyjet
[ ] G Boeing B733 300 Due
Ex Easyjet

And G-RJXL is due for Regional in January, is an advanced model, maybe it could be flying the LBA-LCY route, though have also read rumours of a GLA-LCY route ?

GRJXL Embraer ERJ 135 ADV 145.376 On order - Due late Jan 05

Original post

Member for

20 years 6 months

good to see the baby is growing :D

Member for

20 years 11 months

Yep, they certianly need more a/c, although these might be in place of the 735s..

Member for

19 years 11 months

Assume these will be primarily based at BHX?

Member for

20 years 11 months

Would imagine so with that been the new base. Maybe they'll be spread around.

Member for

19 years 5 months

And G-RJXL is due for Regional in January, is an advanced model, maybe it could be flying the LBA-LCY route, though have also read rumours of a GLA-LCY route ?

I assume you're talking about a B737 (correct me if i'm wrong though) but B737's can't operate at LCY.

I think the GLA-LCY would be a useful addition though.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Look below that sentence - Its says G-RJXL, Embraer 135 :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

LBARULES,

XL will be operating out of one of the following bases, ABZ (ABZ-NWI), LBA (LBA-BRU) or MAN (MAN-GLA), depending on the ER3 fleet maintenance requirements.

All being well XL should be delivered before Xmas and be in service by Mon 10th Jan.

Darren

Member for

20 years 11 months

Ah right thanks for that :)

Why did they need an advanced model to operate those routes? Was it simply all they could get their hands on? (I understand its from JetMagic?). Will we see a 135 on the LBA-LCY anytime soon or will it be continuing with the ATR for a good while yet?

Member for

24 years 3 months

LBARULES,

We've taken delivery of XL in anticipation of the CAA certifing the ER3 for LCY ops, but this is not expected before April 2005, hence the ATR will be around for a while yet. In the meantime we have a requirement for XL to operate elsewhere on the network until March 2005, so it will operate on our standard ER3 routes.

Darren

Member for

20 years 11 months

Thanks for that :)

Member for

20 years 1 month

Thank God, baby are sorting out the shortage of aircraft! Efficiency might get better now!

Member for

19 years 9 months

I believe most expansion is to be at BHX and MME, hence the massive expansion drive at MME

Member for

20 years 11 months

'Massive Expansion Drive at MME' ?

Member for

19 years 9 months

The airport has just found a new strategic partner in Peel Holdings, owners of Liverpool John Lennon. They are investing millions over the next five years at MME including a new access road direct to the terminal, car parking improvements and expansion and refurbishment of the terminal. They are also setting aside money to launch a world-wide campaign to attract airlines to the airport. The name-change was the first step in the change of the corporate identity.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Oh sorry, I thought you meant massive expansion from bmi Baby. Apoligies :)

Member for

19 years 9 months

alrite :) , but bmibaby might be expanding at MME. it's been rumoured that they are an integral part of Peel's expansion plans, and that once the access road is in place and terminal capacity is increased they will triple their operations from the airport. who knows?

Member for

20 years 2 months

Id say theyll base one aircraft at every single airport in the UK with a LCC carrier operating at it.Just somthing I wouldnt be surprised if Baby did.

Member for

19 years 6 months

Any rumours of a logojet appearing amongst the four new BMibaby 737's?suppose there might be a chance of another one to join the nice looking "Wales" scheme.

Fred.