CO expanding at LAX

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 5 months

Does any one know more about the rumours of Continental and Express Jet expanding at LAX - WhiskeyDelta perhaps.

Also what are their current routes at LAX

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

CO pretty much only serves their hub cities, which are EWR, IAH, and CLE. They also serve HNL nonstop. I'm pretty sure those are their only 4 non-stop destinations from LAX.

Member for

19 years 5 months

I know they had launches service to 3 Mexican destinations and somewhere called Montrose. Guam is one stop via Hawaii. Rumours of new destinations - perhaps Mexico City as there is CO service to there from Laredo, San Antonio, IAH and EWR - or are there two US carriers on this route already?

Member for

24 years 3 months

I was unaware of any CO routes to Mexico from LAX, which doesn't mean they don't exist. I know Mexicana, AeroMexico, AeroCalifornia, and Alaska all have several Mexican destinations/frequencies from LAX. The Mexican destinations are lucrative from LAX, given the huge number of Mexicans in the greater L.A. area.

Member for

19 years 5 months

The mexican destinations were announced about a month ago, maybe a bit earlier than that

Member for

20 years

Montrose as in KMTJ, its in Colorado if is the same place.

Cheers,

Lynn

Member for

20 years 11 months

I know they had launches service to 3 Mexican destinations and somewhere called Montrose. Guam is one stop via Hawaii. Rumours of new destinations - perhaps Mexico City as there is CO service to there from Laredo, San Antonio, IAH and EWR - or are there two US carriers on this route already?

You are correct, 3 Mexico destinations and Montrose, Colorado started this month out of LAX. Larado and LAX have also been added to our Mexico City connections out of the US (San Antonio and McAllen, Texas). There are rumors of many more Mexico destinations out of LAX as well as the possibility of continuing flights out of several Mexico destinations to Central and South America cities. All this growth is with ExpressJet Airlines and not CO.

I believe we now serve more cities in Mexico than AeroMexico or Mexicana Airlines (somewhere over 30 total cities).

Member for

20 years 6 months

Go CO!