Ministers who broke into Cockpit of Jet airways plane now want to Sue the Captain.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

"Borrowed" from A.net:

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=110225

A Jet Airways pilot is facing criminal charges after a group of state ministers assaulted crewmembers, broke into the cockpit and forced open an aircraft door on an active taxiway at Mumbai airport on Monday.

As the Boeing 737-700 taxied towards the runway to operate flight 9W 111 to Nagpur, a group of state ministers on board began to get agitated since the air conditioning was not functioning properly. They notified the cabin crew about their concerns, who in turn notified the pilot. The pilot told them that one of the airconditioning compressors was inoperational but that the temperature would stabilize once they were airborne.

This explanation was not acceptable to the ministers however and they began to agitate within the cabin. One of them kicked open the cockpit door and dragged out the captain, demanding that he abort the flight while another forced his way past cabin crew and opened the aircraft door while on the active taxiway. The aircraft was forced to return to the terminal and a substitute aircraft was arranged to transport the ministers to Nagpur.

The ministers subsequently filed a complaint with Nagpur police against the pilot of the flight, accusing him of endangering their lives by means of attempted suffocation. The state government has also instituted a court of inquiry to determine the penalties that should be levied against the captain.

No charges will be filed against the ministers. A Jet Airways spokesperson described the incident as an "unfortunate misunderstanding" and promised that a disciplinary inquiry will be instituted against the pilot

Unbeleivable.....

Pilot gets harassed and abused and HE is the one getting punished! For cripes sake.

Original post

Member for

21 years

Although a post further down explaining no action will be brought against the airline or the pilot gets conveniantly overlooked by everyone ;)

Member for

20 years 5 months

Although a post further down explaining no action will be brought against the airline or the pilot gets conveniantly overlooked by everyone ;)

I saw that too.
I Wanted to open the subject for debate here too. The likes of Kabir and Nasir may be interested ;)

Still, it pretty damn rediculous that this situation was allowed to get so far

Member for

24 years 2 months

These government officials (or whatever they are) should be banned from ever boarding another flight.

Member for

20 years 5 months

If it had been an american airline.. they'd probably have been shot by a sky marshal on the spot... and deservedly so. If you interfere with the cockpit you are no better than a hijacker

Member for

19 years 7 months

I don't about you guy's,but if I found myself on that flight I probably would have jumped in to the Captain's defence,and been quite prepared to use violence to do it! Who the hell do these jumped up ,arrogant and self centred wastes of time think they are? Because they make the laws they believe themselves above it!

Member for

20 years 5 months

I don't about you guy's,but if I found myself on that flight I probably would have jumped in to the Captain's defence,and been quite prepared to use violence to do it! Who the hell do these jumped up ,arrogant and self centred wastes of time think they are? Because they make the laws they believe themselves above it!

here here

Member for

20 years 10 months

If it had been an american airline.. they'd probably have been shot by a sky marshal on the spot... and deservedly so. If you interfere with the cockpit you are no better than a hijacker

..or shot by the pilots.

Member for

20 years 5 months

..or shot by the pilots.

lol, yeah!

have you are any of your fellow front row seaters been trained to use a hand weapon?

Member for

19 years 11 months

Worms.... can of.

Best left sealed up, mate. ;)

Member for

20 years 5 months

Worms.... can of.

Best left sealed up, mate. ;)

LOL, perhaps I should rephrase

WD, have you are any of the fellows carried guns up front yet? More specifically has the word been put out to do so?

Member for

20 years 10 months

They've been training for about 2 years now.

Member for

19 years 9 months

is there still a lot of aggro from The pilots union about arming the pilots I know that Some British Pilots would rather not fly .

Member for

20 years 3 months

hmmmmm not surprising abt the incident,though.

I wonder if ever the worthless fellows though abt h any ordinary citizen felt abt the Traffic jams when traffic is made a mess coz of these guys during their visits or meetings. And a non-working a/c let their fuse blew off.

The state carrier runs their jets in the country like Bus-stops. No wonder that they accumulate loss , and these bus stops are mainly coz of the politics. But no one wud find that kind of stops among the private airlines, if at all they wud be using turbo-props in that routes or managing it more properly.

Member for

24 years 2 months

If you could kick the cockpit door in surly this also shows how much reenforced doors are needed!

Member for

20 years 10 months

If you could kick the cockpit door in surly this also shows how much reenforced doors are needed!

Very true. I'm surprised they didn't have a reinforced cockpit door. Aren't they suppose to be?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Very true. I'm surprised they didn't have a reinforced cockpit door. Aren't they suppose to be?

Usually countries CAA decide if its complusary but any country you fly into such as UK or USA etc say all cockpit doors have to be i think.

Member for

19 years 6 months

Incredible to think these two government officials will get away with their actions while the pilot will be the one to suffer the consequences. Anywhere else, they probably would have been released from their functions and left to suffer the full extent of the law. Another good man's life will be ruined because they thought they were above everyone else.