Thomas cook ditches Cuba LGW routes in favour of third part airline

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 10 months

The details are a little sketchy at the moment but it appears Thomas Cook has ditched some of its planned Cuba routes next year from Gatwick, intead taking the flights from a third party airline Excel Airways, with flights been operated by a B767-300.

Routes that may be affected:

LGW - Cayo Coco

LGW - Holgiun

LGW - Varadero

Like i say the details are a little scarce at the moment ...

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Excel Airways are also taking over TCX's weekly Sanford flight from Newcastle next summer.

Member for

20 years 10 months

They are taking over all these routes even though they only have 2 767-300s, are they getting more?

Member for

20 years 1 month

That'll be a bit tight then taking over the lot. Surely they must be getting another 767?

Member for

19 years 10 months

The reason why they are taking over is because Thomas Cook failed to find the third A330 they needed to expand ops, so just Manchester, Gatwick and glasgow next year

Member for

21 years

If TCX could operate them all, plus their other LGW/MAN routes with 2 A330s why can't Excel with 2 767-300s?

Member for

19 years 5 months

If TCX could operate them all, plus their other LGW/MAN routes with 2 A330s why can't Excel with 2 767-300s?

TCX also use the A330 from GLA to Calgary, Vancouver and SFB

Member for

20 years 10 months

Good point Mark, I did actually think that afterwards (Honest!:D), just me been dense as usual :)