Dublin meet 16/12/04 - My Report.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hiya all - havent been able to post this up sooner due to some major computer problems - ive just got rid of 4!! viruses.

Anyhow.... A brief report.

What a Long day Thursday was. I was up at 3:00am, washed, dressed and ready to go by 3:30. Cab arrived 10 mins early (at 3:35) - and i was on my way to LHR. I was at LHR by 4:05am, very quick journey!

I met Michael in-front of the Aer Lingus check-in desks and from there we went and sat in Burger king, seeing as there were no other seats free. It was quite a while until the check in opened, but by 5:30 we had checked in, and proceeded to the departures lounge. On the way we saw G-CPEL parked up at the gate, still sporting its mis-matched tail. Our aircraft was already on stand - EI-CPF. We were called for boarding at around 6:20 - but rather than a few rows called at a time, everyone was called - like a herd of sheep! The seats we had been given were 28E and F. I was assigned 28F (the window seat) - but seeing as it was dark there were no Opportunities for pictures. The seating was quite comfortable and we had a nice amount of leg-room. Once in the air i started reading the in-flight mag... i began to talk to michael, but as i looked round i noticed he was dead to the world! - (asleep) lol. :p

Flight time was around 50 minutes - and it was one heck of a bumpy flight - as Michael said, we more or less hit the turbulence as we took off, and it was like that for pretty much the entire flight. Touch down was that of a rather bumpy one - very hard to be honest! A CO 762 had landed in front of us - we followed that to the terminal.

Once off the aircraft and out of the airport we headed around to the best spot at Dublin to take some pics. I managed to catch a few of Dan's flight landing - Talk about a lucky B*stard for getting that 732 eh?! Dan met up with us around 10:30. We spent pretty much the whole day at this spot - seeing as it was high above the perimeter fencing, the sun was in the right place too - enabling us to catch some nice snaps.

We called it a day at about 3:30 and headed back - seeing as the light was fading and we were all frozen. Back in the terminal, michael and me didnt really fancy waiting around until 9pm for our flight, so we enquired about getting an earlier flight - to our horror an earlier flight would have cost us an extra 50 euros each!

Dan left us to catch his flight home about 6:00 (I think?), from there we headed to our gate (no. B25) - where there were already a load of roudy Spanish people waiting there for their flight back to Madrid. Their aircraft had come in 10 minutes late, delaying their flight - which had a knock on effects to ours!

Out return aircraft was EI-CPG. We had seats 5E and F - again i was assigned the window seat, but let michael have it - seeing as i sat there on the way. We were put into a holding stck over London - but seeing as the night was so clear michael and me didn't care - the views we were getting were stunning! - Ive never flown over london at night and ive never seen it so clear! I was speechless.

We eventually got back to LHR (20 mins late) at 10:20ish.

Thanks to the guys for the good day out - just a shame about that wind, had it not been for that the day would have been perfect!

Heres a few of my pics anyhow (Some more in a second thread a little later on). Sorry for the quality - ive had to heavily resize them and edit them to get them under the Forum 100Kb limitation.

Enjoy anyhow. :)

1. The first flight of the day i snapped - as you can see it was just getting light as i took it - though the sun making for some nice reflections. N58HK - Cessna Citation 550. Im unsure on the owner.

2 & 3. G-MIDE - heading back to LHR.

4. EI-CNV on finals in the early morning light.

5. EI-CNX lining up for take off.

6. G-LCYA inbound from LCA. One of my fave pics from the trip. :)

7 & 8. Delta 767 on finals.

9. CO 762 lining up.

10. EI-CPT.

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

A few more.

Some more in a while - once editied. :)

1. EI-REB on finals - battling a light crosswind which in the end got heavy - causing in to do a nose-wheel touch down!.

2. As you can see from this angle! :eek: (Sorry about cutting the nose off a bit - but it gives you the idea.)

3. SE-DMH on finals.

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

Excellent read, Andy! :)

The photos are also amazingly sharp, I'm so jealous that I'm shamed to even other uploading mine!

Thanks to both you and wannabe pilot for a great day, too.

By the way, my photos are online at http://www.web-wings.co.uk/gallery/ then click on Dublin.

Member for

24 years 2 months

And heres Dan landing... :)

Attachments

Member for

20 years 10 months

Great report and Fantastic photos, Like Dans, your new camera is paying off big style, love that Delta nose close up with it blurred in the background especially. Superb, cant wait for more :)

Member for

20 years 10 months

Sorry, posted my mesage before you posted more, thats a pair of crackers you have got of Dan landing!

Michael - Your photos are also excellent. :)

Member for

20 years 8 months

Fantastic report and brill photos! :D

Member for

20 years 1 month

Excellent report and excellent batch of photos there Andy!

:EDIT: Michael, excellent photos from you too!

Member for

19 years 10 months

Great piccies guys!

Member for

20 years 8 months

Lovely shots Andy and Michael. It felt like my touch down was a bit smokey! As mentioned, it was good to finally meet both of you, and thanks for a great day out ('part from the bloody wind!).

Member for

20 years 5 months

Great piccies and report. The photos are just so sharp.