Paris Air Show // June 2005

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 5 months

I used to work for the Hilton and one of the guys that still works there may be able to get discounts, as chance happens I'm meeting him tonight - he has a gig at King Tut's.

I'll let you all know.

DME

Magic! I like Discounts :D :D :D

Mind you, Free is always good too lol

Member for

19 years 7 months

Magic! I like Discounts :D :D :D

Mind you, Free is always good too lol

Fingers crossed then ;)

DME

Member for

20 years 5 months

Fingers crossed then ;)

DME

Round of beer or whatever tipple you take for you if you get something :D

Member for

24 years 2 months

Alternatively there's Air France/Cityjet from EDI direct to CDG for £114 return.

Member for

19 years 7 months

What a/c do Airfrance/Cityjet operate?

I'm too lazy to check out their site...

DME

Member for

19 years 11 months

Junkers Ju52s I think, DME.

He'll never know any different, will he? :D

Member for

20 years 1 month

What a/c do Airfrance/Cityjet operate?

I'm too lazy to check out their site...

DME

BAe 146-200/ 146-300

Member for

19 years 7 months

Junkers Ju52s I think, DME.

He'll never know any different, will he? :D

Oh? I thought they were still using Lysanders? ;)

DME

Member for

24 years 2 months

My PIK snapper friend Steve may be coming too? I'm thinking of GLA for the added bonus of a short stop over at MAN. Looking at the timings of the EDI flight, I'd end up leaving home at the same time anyway.

A shame that Globespan to Paris service never came to fruition.

Member for

21 years

My mistake Gentlemen, the 1802 and 1807 route through Birmingham now, not Manchester. Before hand you used to have to physically change aircraft in MAN, now it goes through BHX I don't think you get to change planes, will investigate further for you though.

Member for

24 years 2 months

My mistake Gentlemen, the 1802 and 1807 route through Birmingham now, not Manchester. Before hand you used to have to physically change aircraft in MAN, now it goes through BHX I don't think you get to change planes, will investigate further for you though.

You know I just looked that up and you beat me to it... :p

Member for

20 years 5 months

I've not been to Birmingham since 1997.... would be good to fly through it on the way to the airshow :D

Member for

20 years 9 months

I will be in Paris, have been to every show since 1985! A much better static than Farnborough, everything from gliders to the A380, we hope. Although I do tend to spend more time at the bizjet end as you can log over 100 on a good trade day. The flying is not much and you don't get any extras for the public days save the PdF Alpha Jets.
Will probably be going by coach, 1 day at CDG and 1 at the show.

Member for

19 years 8 months

The 1802 and 1807 route through Birmingham now, not Manchester. Before hand you used to have to physically change aircraft in MAN, now it goes through BHX I don't think you get to change planes.

Same plane, but you have to get off (certainly inbound from CDG) and clear immigration then get back on, as the flight operates with some domestic passengers ex-BHX northbound.

Andy

Member for

19 years 7 months

Never been on the Avro - Looking forward to it.

I spoke to my mate from Hilton last night and it's a no go for the discounts, they only offer friend and family discounts in the u.k. now........grim!

Departing from GLA seems better, four flights for the price of two.

DME

Member for

20 years 5 months

As I am out of a job come Jan 28th... I need a little more time to see if this will be a go for me.... so bare with me

Member for

24 years 2 months

I have already put in a request to be at Paris on the airshow week, so fingers crossed I would be well up for it - wouldn't be too sure about going if it wasn't with work as I spend so much time there anyway I wouldn't want to pay for the flights etc.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Myself and Andy (A330Crazy) are booked up to go! :D

We wanted to fly with Air France on the 18th June and return on the 19th June, but by the time we were ready to book the flights, they had jumped in price from £69 up to £96 each, so as far as I'm concerned, a flight on an A318 isn't worth that much!

We've settled for the next best thing, bmi, which should be fun. Our flight outbound is on the Saturday morning at 8.10am, arriving at 10.25am (+1). We will return the following day on the 9.50pm (+1) flight, arriving at Heathrow at 9.55pm. The aircraft are scheduled to be an A319 and an A320 respectively, which makes a nice change from the A321s which we are both very familiar with! Flights were £67.80 return (each) and are from London Heathrow.

Hopefully some more of you will firm up some plans to join us!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Ok, by virtue of a BA.com e-mail telling me of a January sale...

I've booked up for 18th of June BA1802 GLA-BHX-CDG 0645-1110
returning on the 19th on BA1807 CDG-BHX-GLA 1620-1840

Total cost for 4 flights £109.40 inc and with full inflight service. ;)

Member for

19 years 7 months

Ren,

Do you mind if I arrange to meet up? I'm only 5mins from the airport.

I don't want to end up hopping over myself!

DME