Paris Air Show // June 2005

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

I'm in Nancy right now and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for where to stay in Paris. I'm actually studying abroad in Nancy, so I won't be arriving until Friday night.

So out of curiosity, what do you you all think of these (found on hotels.com):

1) Kyriad le Bourget
2) Kyriad Prestige Roissy Cdg
3) Kyriad La Villette

I'm mainly interested in getting to a metro station easily... I'd prefer a clean, orderly hotel, but am open to suggestions. A friend suggested Kyriad from prior experiences; hence the Kyriad list above.

Member for

18 years 11 months

LFC24, are you going? I'm sure it'll be a good weekend

No I can't. Slap bang in the middle of the hardest exams yet, Science and Geography. :(
It'll be great. It's been hyped up a lot so I don't expect it to disappoint.

Member for

24 years 2 months

I'm in Nancy right now and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for where to stay in Paris. I'm actually studying abroad in Nancy, so I won't be arriving until Friday night.

So out of curiosity, what do you you all think of these (found on hotels.com):

1) Kyriad le Bourget
2) Kyriad Prestige Roissy Cdg
3) Kyriad La Villette

I'm mainly interested in getting to a metro station easily... I'd prefer a clean, orderly hotel, but am open to suggestions. A friend suggested Kyriad from prior experiences; hence the Kyriad list above.

Kyriad LBG I have stayed at - it's tidy, but its right at the top end of the airfield and its a fair way to get to any shops or anything - Its probably the best option if your only there for a couple of nights - plus it looks out right over the airfield Metro is about half hours walk or 15 euro in a taxi.

Kyriad CDG is about 5mins from the airport with a free shuttle bus to/from the airport and metro. From CDG you can bus it to LBG for less than a fiver return. I haven't stayed there but know people who have used it when everywhere is full and they say its ok. The village is only a couple of mins walk away for restaurants etc.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Thanks for the ideas, Preston. I looked at hotels.com (prices for the Kyriad CDG were €76), but when I went to book on kyriad.fr, the price was €170. SO: anyone know how hotels.com is? Trustworthy/I won't get suck in the worst room of the hotel?

Thanks again!

Member for

19 years 5 months

For those also visiting Orly and CDG here are some of the more interesting scheduled flights over the long weekend (Friday - Monday). Info from the June OAG timetable. Times given are for departure.
CDG:
Armavia 320 1340 Saturday and 1900 Monday
Air Madagascar 763 1655 Friday and Sunday, 2240 Monday
Vueling 320 2200 Daily
Cameroon AL 763 1200 Saturday and 2330 Sunday
China Southern 772 1215 Saturday
Vietnam AL 772 1400 Daily
Air Tahiti Nui 343 1130 Friday
Aeromexico 767 1030 Daily
TAM 330 2220 and 2300 Daily
China Eastern 346 1400 Daily

Orly:
Air Burkina 319 1255 Saturday, Monday
Egyptair 330 1600 Daily
Air Senegal 73G 1000 Daily
Air Caraibes 332 1255 Daily

Member for

24 years 2 months

Those travelling to Paris over the weekend - what day are you going to the show? Saturday or Sunday?

Member for

19 years 5 months

Those travelling to Paris over the weekend - what day are you going to the show? Saturday or Sunday?

I will be in Paris Thursday - Sunday and at the show on Friday, the first public day.

Member for

24 years 2 months

http://salondubourget.francebillet.com/recherche/rechercheDetail.do?codins=AERBO

What ticket do I buy? Sorry can't do French. All I want is a ticket for Saturday.

dme

So get the first one.

SALON DU BOURGET = admittance on the tarmac.
SALON DU BOURGET + MUSEE DE L'AIR = admittance on the tarmac + air museum admittance

SALON DU BOURGET + TRIBUNE =admittance on the tarmac + seat in the stands for the air show.

Member for

24 years 2 months

The website for booking your tickets is utter crap!

It has the option to put it into English, which I have clicked. Unfortunately, they haven't bothered to change the countries drop-down menu, so I don't know which is the UK despite looking through it hundreds of times.

As a result of this, I cannot book my tickets at the moment! :mad:

Can anyone help?

Member for

24 years 2 months

I believe you can just buy tickets on the gate.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Does anyone think that buying the tickets with seats in the stand for the air show is worth it? Does it put you much closer to the action, and does it improve photography?

Member for

24 years 2 months

I believe you can just buy tickets on the gate.

Correct. that's the easiest way I guess. I never saw a big line.

Member for

18 years 11 months

It has the option to put it into English, which I have clicked. Unfortunately, they haven't bothered to change the countries drop-down menu, so I don't know which is the UK despite looking through it hundreds of times.

Can anyone help?

Grand-Bretagne should be the listed name (for Great Britain). If not, Angleterre (England).

Friday evening and Saturday, or, if I'm unlucky, just Saturday.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Grand-Bretagne should be the listed name (for Great Britain). If not, Angleterre (England).

I might just be a little stupid, but I'm sure that wasn't on the list?

Today is the last day for online ticket purchases anyway, so I'll now be buying on the day.

Thanks for the help anyhow :)

Member for

18 years 11 months

Hmm, not sure, then. I couldn't find the list, and don't remember choosing a country when I ordered my tickets. Ah well... sorry for not being of more help.

Member for

18 years 11 months

Can anyone help?

You are right, they haven't translated the country drop-down menu.

You should select Royaume-Uni (which is there, I checked)!!!!!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Doods, Im prob gonna do the show on Fri, but wouldnt mind a quick hello with T5, A330, Ren etc etc on Sat AM - let us know if your up or it?

Tenthije - wanna meet on Thursday or Friday?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Doods, Im prob gonna do the show on Fri, but wouldnt mind a quick hello with T5, A330, Ren etc etc on Sat AM - let us know if your up or it?

Tenthije - wanna meet on Thursday or Friday?

Must get some mobile numbers swapped around?