bmibaby at BHX

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 8 months

Press release from website - click here for link

bmibaby carries record number of passengers in first week of operation - true low cost already delivering results at Birmingham -

bmibaby, the award winning airline with tiny fares is already showing the people of Birmingham and the West Midlands the true meaning of low cost fares. Just one week after successfully launching flights to nine European cities from Birmingham International Airport, the airline will have carried almost 10,000 passengers, a record for any launch by bmibaby, having sold over 125,000 seats already for travel until October 2005.

The airline cites the main reason for this incredible start as its true low cost fares and its reputation throughout the Midlands as a quality low cost airline. The uptake of flights from Birmingham prove that passengers have been waiting for some time to fly at an affordable price to the range of services the airline now offers. By choosing bmibaby's services to Amsterdam next week, passengers can make a saving of more than £250 on a return flight.

David Bryon, commercial director for the airline said:
"Existing carriers on routes such as Amsterdam, Belfast and Edinburgh have been charging high fares for far too long. For example, for some flights next week bmibaby is only charging £15.95 one way, including all taxes and charges compared to over £125 one way with the competition. There's really no comparison, especially when you take into account the fact that business travellers can cut 25 minutes off their flying time when choosing bmibaby.

"In addition to the low fares, we know that customers appreciate the extra benefits bmibaby provides, Boeing 737 jet airlines, online seat selection and a generous hand luggage allowance of 7kg plus a laptop computer."

bmibaby currently serves nine routes from its new base at Birmingham: Amsterdam, Belfast (International), Edinburgh, Alicante, Prague, Malaga, Knock, Palma and Geneva increasing to twelve throughout the busy summer season with the addition of Murcia, Bordeaux, Nice and Cork. Internet fares start from just £15.95 one way including taxes and charges.

Good start for baby at BHX! :D :) :D

Original post

Member for

20 years 10 months

Yep great news, lets hope the new 733s stay reliable, understand you have got at least 2 at BHX now ?

Member for

20 years 8 months

bmibaby have three aircraft based at BHX right now although they are expected to increase this to five aircraft in the Summer.

Member for

20 years 10 months

I meant the 733s :), I noticed on ringway reports that I think G-TOYA and G-TOYC has both positioned out to BHX ?

Member for

20 years 1 month

Good start for Baby then. Anyone know which aircraft are based at BHX at the moment?

Member for

19 years 2 months

baby at BHX

bmibaby currently have TOYA, TOYB and TOYC based at BHX.

Cheers,
Matt K

Member for

20 years 1 month

Thanks. Will they be rotating round so some of the other aircraft come in to BHX?

Member for

19 years 11 months

I travel to BHX a lot from GLA. Would like Baby to add to the competition if they can offer fares as little as 15GBP one way incl taxes !

Member for

19 years 2 months

baby at BHX

Well we origianlly had TOYA, OGBD and OGBE.

We have already seen many positioning flights to/from EMA and they've only been running a week.

Member for

20 years 1 month

I know G-TOYB has been up in MAN but I haven't seen TOYA or TOYC yet.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Im really really glad the bmi baby are fiannlly having some success. I hope it stays good for them as usually any baby news on any forum tends to be bad.Its a pity we wont see them in Dublin to much longer.

Member for

20 years 5 months

Good start indeed for BMI baby.

Member for

20 years 8 months

I was wondering what kind of start they would get off too....now it will be interesting to see how baby, Monarch, Flybe and MyTravel Lite will do in the Summer all at the same airport?

Member for

20 years 1 month

Certainly a Baby Boom @ BHX then :D