Air Atlanta to rebrand 742's to Excel?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 3 months

Read a post on the a.net forums claiming that Air Atlanta are to rebrand their 742's operating from the UK to the Excel Airways brand.

Can anyone else elaborate on this from a different source?

Can't imagine this would change the routes they'd operate, most likely they'd remain mostly serving TravelCityDirect from LGW and MAN to MCO.

If true I'd imagine they'd eventually go for a repaint soon, that'd be something to see for sure.

Original post

Member for

19 years 10 months

That'd be good for us planespotters, but it wouldn't give Excel a very good reputation!

Member for

19 years 3 months

hmmm, wouldn't surprise me if this was indeed the supposed source for the thread on a.net. would be a fab sight though ... even if the interiors look a little on the 'well used' side ;)

Member for

20 years 11 months

It is going to happen, remember Excel and Air Atlanta are merging.

I think TF-ARS and TF-ABA are two of the ones gone end up in XLA c/s.

Member for

20 years 6 months

Which 742s are currently in VA colours?

I'd bet my last £1 (and it literally is!) that if they're coming out of their lease with VS they are the ones getting the XLA scheme

Member for

19 years 11 months

On of the VS B74's is now with another airline somewhere in Russia i think.

Member for

20 years

I think you're all forgetting that Air Atlanta's traditional favoured scheme for B747s is "Siberian Winter Camouflage". ;)

Member for

20 years 11 months

Yep your right Topjet, just the one VS 742 left now, think its VSSS ?

Seems pretty certain that TF-ARS/ABA and ABP will be in XLA c/s.

Member for

24 years 3 months

All the Virgin classics have been sold to Transaero.

We used to see the Air Atlanta 74's in Turkey most nights (Dalaman, Antalya, Izmir, etc) when I was in the charters. There could be quite a large market for large scale people moving to that area during the season.

Member for

20 years

All the Virgin classics have been sold to Transaero.
G-VSSS was still operating out of MAN over the weekend.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Yes but the deal is done. 5 classic airframes, I believe.

Member for

20 years 10 months

travel city direct fly to sanford not mco and surely travel city need the 742's aswell as the 1 or 2 743's coming in from corsair? especially in the summer when cardiff glasgow - sanford etc all start coming into force