A few from Stansted today

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 1 month

Those are the usual excellent standard Dan!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Umm, if I can just ask a kind of OT question about STN, I'm passing through it a week on Wednesday, are there any photo opportunites within the Terminal, also what kind of Traffic am I likely to see (I'm due in [from BSL] at 3:30pm, and out [to GLA] at 6:15pm)? I'm travelling easyJet, so will have luggage to cart around during the Transfer, so won't be able to leave the Terminal, I wouldn't think.

Member for

24 years 2 months

method for getting round heat-haze: STAND CLOSER!

Member for

20 years 8 months

Umm, if I can just ask a kind of OT question about STN, I'm passing through it a week on Wednesday, are there any photo opportunites within the Terminal, also what kind of Traffic am I likely to see (I'm due in [from BSL] at 3:30pm, and out [to GLA] at 6:15pm)? I'm travelling easyJet, so will have luggage to cart around during the Transfer, so won't be able to leave the Terminal, I wouldn't think.

There are a couple of places airside in the terminal where you can lean up against the glass. Not any good for photos or proper spotting, but ok if you just want to have a look out and observe what's going on. The main place is once airside, go towards the far right hand side of the terminal. There (among the shops) you will find a few gaps to look through.

If you step out of the front exit of the terminal, you can turn either way. At the sides of the terminal, you can stand and watch some of the movements. You're quite far away from everything, but if you're just looking to pass time then it's ok.

There's a FedEx arrival at around 2:30pm, and again at 5:30pm. Asiana usually arrives between 4:00 and 5:00pm. There wont be much happening between 3:30pm and 5:00pm, aside from mainly FR and EZY movements. After 5:00pm you'll get the CSA, and some of the other lo-co's such as Norwegian shuttle, SkyEurope etc.

method for getting round heat-haze: STAND CLOSER!

Haha you should try coming to STN. If you stayed where the police tell you, then you would be on a mound, with a fence in the way, and on the other side of the fence the ground is raised so that you can only see half the runway! It's bloody difficult to get somewhere just for standard approach shots.