Window Blinds

Member for

14 years 5 months

Hi, Something I have never really understood when flying is that during take-off and landing you must have your window blinds open. Why is that? Thank You.
Original post
Profile picture for user EK.

Member for

14 years 11 months

I think (correct me if wrong) but it is incase of an emergancy so you can see wither there is fire on your side of the aircraft.
Profile picture for user wysiwyg

Member for

19 years 9 months

And so that the emergency services can see inside the cabin in case they need to enter.

Member for

16 years 5 months

I think we had this question asked just recently on another thread
Profile picture for user martin_EGTK

Member for

16 years 6 months

It's also so that at night when the cabin lights are dimmed for take off and landing your eyes adjust to the light outside of the aircraft in case of an emergency.

Member for

14 years 5 months

Thanks for the replies guys, clears that up!

Member for

15 years 5 months

It's also so that at night when the cabin lights are dimmed for take off and landing your eyes adjust to the light outside of the aircraft in case of an emergency.
That is right
Profile picture for user LFC24

Member for

14 years 6 months

I never knew that we had to keep them open!! I hate it when people come up in flight and tell us to shut the blinds so they can watch the movie...
Profile picture for user Bmused55

Member for

16 years

I never knew that we had to keep them open!! I hate it when people come up in flight and tell us to shut the blinds so they can watch the movie...
If that ever happened to me I'd answer with: "I paid for my seat just like everyone else. I'll do with the blind what I want." Politely of course.
Profile picture for user Ren Frew

Member for

19 years 9 months

If that ever happened to me I'd answer with: "I paid for my seat just like everyone else. I'll do with the blind what I want." Politely of course.
And I'd tell them that the best movie of all is playing right outside the window, then of course I'd tell them to F off ! :diablo:
Profile picture for user David2386

Member for

15 years 3 months

Or simply tell them the bloke gets killed, the wife runs off with her ex and no one lives happily ever after, EVER!
Profile picture for user LFC24

Member for

14 years 6 months

Of course, the pax don't tell us that. It's the F/A's.
Profile picture for user Bmused55

Member for

16 years

Of course, the pax don't tell us that. It's the F/A's.
I know.... my retort would still be the same. Oh... And Rens ones is good too :D
Profile picture for user EK.

Member for

14 years 11 months

Exactly what i would do and have done.