Dunsfold Piccies (4/6/05)

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

Sorry about the long delay in posting these up.

G-BDXJ is now a resident at Dunsfold - it is here where she will be used for a bit of film work, then scrapped.

Dunsfold Park titles have been applied to one side of the aircraft and Air Atlanta titles dominate the other side.

Heres a few pics from that day of her, and a few others that may be of some interest to you?

More to follow asap. :)

Original post

Member for

19 years 5 months

Nice pics

Member for

19 years 10 months

Very nice. G-SHOG is a strange aeroplane!

Member for

24 years 3 months

Excellent shots, especially the 747 ones. Its a shame to see they're going to scrap it. There are airlines out there (i.e. Phuket Air) that could do with it.

Also, just noticed that the grotty little blue, white and red thing is Hungarian registered.

Member for

19 years

Nice shots!

Member for

20 years 11 months

Excellent shots Andy. :)

Is Dunsfold where they shoot Top Gear? Remember seeing a 747 in the background on there the other week..

Member for

20 years 3 months

is Top Gear not shot at Bruntingthorpe, Leicestershire?

I know they have an ex-Olympic 747 (200 I think) that they were going to turn into a conference centre there, as well as a couple of other types.

Sam

Member for

20 years 6 months

Nope, TopGear is shot at Dunsfold,correct LBARULES

Member for

20 years 9 months

Nice ones Andy, I'd love to see G-SHOG fly! Must be quite a sight.

Member for

24 years 3 months

Thanks for the comments all. :)

For those interested i have posted a few more pics on the historic forum, as they are more suited there... heres a link should you want to take a look.

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44654

Im in the process now of editing the rest of the dunsfold piccies - in the region of 250 left to go, then onto the Paris Airshow and CDG pics - another 300 or so shots! :p

Cheers again. :)

Member for

24 years 3 months

A few more from the show:

Member for

24 years 3 months

This is one of my faves from the show - Uploading on the forum here in a big size to give you the full effect....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/AndyS1/G-BDXJe.jpg

Enjoy! :D