Going to BHX tomorrow....

Profile picture for user Dazza

Member for

19 years 9 months

I'm hoping to get to BHX tomorrow afternoon for a couple of hours, so whats it like on a Sunday afternoon, is there any interesting aircraft due in, what are the photography areas which offer the best views? (with a 280mm zoom) Any and all info is much appreciated. -Dazza :)
Original post
Profile picture for user Future Pilot

Member for

16 years 2 months

Well I'm not sure what time you are looking at going. Sunday is typically quieter but you'll have the usual, pleanty of BA, Flybe, bmibaby. You'll see the charters....Thomsonfly/Britannia, First Choice, MyTravel, Monarch etc etc. The second Continental flight potentially with winglets departs at 12:35, you'll also have the afternoon Emirates A330 flight (Arrives 12:20/Departs 14:00), not forgetting the Air India B777 coming from Amritsar & Dehli (Arrives 14:45/Departs 16:10) to Toronto. A few others are the Germanwings A319 which I have yet to see (Arrives 15:25/Departs 15:55), the PIA A310 (Arrives 16:05/Departs 18:00), also the Turkmenistan B757 (Arrives 16:15/Departs 18:15) EDIT: Also noticed another thing here, Finnair B757 operating for Air Scandic (Arrives 16:15/Departs 17:15), just another 'interesting' movement. ;) :cool: . Must be noted aswell I got 'some' of the above info from my BHX Flight Guide. As already said I'm not sure what times you'll be there so this is what to expect and the 'interesting' visitors, for spotting I reccomend you visit the site below...... www.thebhx.co.uk This site will keep you up to date with interesting movements, spotting locations and all other BHX news. Well that's it, have a good time and show us the pics! :D
Profile picture for user Comet

Member for

19 years 9 months

I go to BHX in exactly 10 weeks, it would be great if the Turkmenistan was there at that time because that is the time I will be there (damn train times :mad: ) That is one I really want to get.
Profile picture for user Future Pilot

Member for

16 years 2 months

You know I would scratch seeeing the Air India flight today. It's running late.....it has been few times. 14:45 AI 187 Delhi Expected 00:59
Profile picture for user Dazza

Member for

19 years 9 months

Thanks for the info, just about to head off now, hope the weather holds out! :) -Dazza