Jet2 new route!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 4 months

From Newcastle to Murcia, from £31 one way.

Starts on the 4th September and operates Sat,Sun,Mon,Thu and Fridays.

Sat and Sun:

LS523 Dept NCL at 08:50 Arri Murcia at 13:05

LS524 Dept Murcia at 13:50 Arri NCL at 16:00

Mon,Thu,Fri:

LS523 Dept NCL at 12:45 Arri Murcia at 17:00

LS524 Dept Murcia at 17:45 Arri NCL at 19:55

Original post

Member for

19 years 8 months

That is quite an unexpected new route from Jet2. easyJet serve ALC from Newcastle which is only down the road from MJV so I wonder how well the route will do.

Flex 35

Member for

20 years 10 months

Thats about as unexpected as they come!

Great news for Newcastle, timings indicate a based a/c too, maybe more routes from there? Very odd they would be moving on easyJet territory like that!

I imagine it will do very well, despite ALC already been served, Jet2 also operate both ALC and MJV from MAN and LBA, and both routes do extremely well (Both routes twice daily from LBA this summer.)

Member for

20 years 10 months

That means more routes because?

(Not saying there will be no more routes of course, though I have read something on another forum that makes sense, its a way of utilising the QC a/c during the day so its not sat around doing nothing, same thing as happened at Belfast at 1st with the BFS-PRG route).

Member for

20 years 1 month

That means more routes because?

(Not saying there will be no more routes of course, though I have read something on another forum that makes sense, its a way of utilising the QC a/c during the day so its not sat around doing nothing, same thing as happened at Belfast at 1st with the BFS-PRG route).

That's where the EDI route came from, G-CELZ had been based at EDI for a good couple of months before the MAN route started, utilising it during the day. But now the morning flight is done by a MAN based B733 (it was the MANCHESTER billboard livery this morning), and will be reduced to 2x daily from August I think it is, so not sure what Jet2 have up there sleeve from then on with the based aircraft, there are rumours floating around of EDI-BOH... (but that's another topic alltogether ;) )

Member for

20 years 10 months

Indeed yeah, not surprised its been reduced to 2x daily personally. As you say, they might find some more work for the QC a/c, I have also seen the rumours about EDI-BOH replacing BFS-BOH, not sure how it would go with only 1 flight a day.

Member for

19 years 3 months

EDI-MAN and BFS-BOH routes apparently performing "pathetically"

Member for

20 years 10 months

Jet2 seemed to have been a bit unsuccessful with route selection lately, I thought EDI-MAN would do much better than it has, BFS-BOH was never going to do that well with only one daily rotation, and LGW-MAN had alot of competition which has resulted in a cut in frequencies as well. Remember ORK-BFS that never started? That was a stupid idea!

Stick to LBA Jet2, all routes have either increased in frequency or stayed the same with the exception of Milan which was dropped. :D

Member for

20 years 1 month

EDI-MAN and BFS-BOH routes apparently performing "pathetically"

With already adequate road/rail/air links, EDI-MAN wouldn't surprise me if it was struggling, although last time I heard it had picked up quite considerably, recucing it to 2x daily should help average loads.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Good news for NCL. I was just wondering as I didnt see it posted on here but are you aware of Globespan starting some new routes from GLA. I saw it on another forum yesterday and I saw it on their website but wasnt sure if it was old news on here.

Member for

20 years

excellent a new airline at NCL, hope its a success.

Member for

20 years 1 month

Good news for NCL. I was just wondering as I didnt see it posted on here but are you aware of Globespan starting some new routes from GLA. I saw it on another forum yesterday and I saw it on their website but wasnt sure if it was old news on here.

I wasn't entirely sure it warranted getting posted, they were no new routes as such, it was just more routes being released for the winter timetable, none of which hadn't operated for summer. EDI-GVA is the only route annouced for winter so far that isn't being operated just now, but it was operated last winter, so again, not really a new route.