Bye Bye MyTravelLite

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

MyTravel are reabsorning MyTravelLite back into their charter operations and the name will disappear, it has been kept relatively quiet, with no big announcements.

The lines between traditional charter airliens and LCCs has been blurred for some time, so I'm not sure if it was simply this that pursuaded them to take this move.

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Oh well....really they are the same thing, so there wont be much difference to the customer

Member for

18 years 7 months

Hello,

MyTravel are reabsorning MyTravelLite back into their charter operations and the name will disappear, it has been kept relatively quiet, with no big announcements.

The MyTravel Lite name will continue. It will be MyTravel Airways equivelent to a "seat-only" service. It will be the same concept as flythomascook.com. You can book MyTravel Airways Charter Seats now, on the MyTravelLite site.

There was a news release: http://www.mytravellite.com/skylights/html/newsItem.asp?date=2005/06/27&story=1

and the news was included in the Crew Newsletter in February.

The A320s G-JOEM, G-VCED and G-SSAS will be returned to the mainstream fleet, and will return to operating normal Charter services for MyTravel Airways.

Quote from MyTravel Lite news release: ”All this means is that from 1st November when customers fly on a flight booked at www.mytravellite.com, you will be flying on a MyTravel Airways or third party aircraft, but still experience the same levels of excellent service you’ve come to know and love.”

Oh well....really they are the same thing, so there wont be much difference to the customer

They were different, one is a Charter Airline and one is a Low-Cost Carrier. The difference to the customer will be that the fares will not be that Low-Cost any more.

Thanks, Kestrel :)

Member for

20 years 10 months

I know who Kestrel is, seen his posts plenty of times on airliners.net ;).

Welcome aboard!

Member for

19 years 8 months

Cough Cough....AIHTOURS.

God I must really sort this cough out! ;)

Flex 35

Member for

19 years 11 months

Ahem.... the walls have ears, gentlemen.

Let us not attract the attention of m'learned friends, eh?

Member for

19 years 5 months

Welcome Kestrel. Dont you also post on Plane Mad and Jet Photos?

I have edited my message but I dont think I was discussing the merits of other aviation forums or slagging them of, I was asking a new member if they were a member of another forum

But others were, Humberside. That's why I mentioned it, and that's why I deleted the offending postings.

When did I ask you to edit yours? :confused:

GA

Since my post was straight after yours and I did realise any where deleted I thought you were directing your comments at me. :o I will un-edit my post now

Member for

19 years 11 months

OK - subtlety isn't working.

We discuss Commercial Aviation in here - this is not the place to discuss the merits or otherwise of other aviation Forums.

End of story, no "ifs", "buts" or "maybes".

No more, thank you.

Pray continue with the original subject of the thread and, if you really must slag other Forums off among yourselves - do it by PM.

GA

Member for

20 years 1 month

Oh well, I'm on VZ for the last time in 2 weeks, BHX-FAO on 14th Aug coming back on 4th Sep. I've used this service a few times and will be sad to see it go.