Ryanair launch new routes from Shannon..

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 10 months

RYANAIR LAUNCH 2 NEW ROUTES TO BRISTOL AND NANTES

10,000 seats to BRISTOL for €0.99*
5,000 seats to NANTES for €2.99*

Ryanair, Europe’s No. 1 low fares airline, today (Thursday, 7th July 2005) announced two new routes from its Shannon base to Bristol and Nantes. The new route to Bristol will start daily on 30th October 2005 and the new route to Nantes will operate 3 times a week from 1st November 2005, bringing the total number of destinations served by Ryanair at Shannon to 16. In addition, Ryanair announced a frequency increase from 1 to 4 flights per week on its Frankfurt route, starting 31st October 2005. This expansion will result in an additional 200,000 passengers per annum at Shannon.

Announcing the expansion at Shannon today, Ryanair CEO Michael O’Leary, said:

“The Shannon base has exceeded our expectations since its launch in May and has firmly established itself as one of the most important drivers of both tourism and the economy in the West of Ireland. Today’s new routes to Bristol and Nantes and the frequency increase to Frankfurt means that 1.5 M passengers at Shannon over the next year will benefit from Ryanair’s lowest fares and save over €150M compared to the high fare airlines.

“These new flights are available for booking today on www.ryanair.com from 99 cents* and passengers are advised to book their seats immediately as demand for these new destinations will be very strong.”

In welcoming the Ryanair announcement, Niall Gibbons, Director of Corporate Services in Tourism Ireland, said:

"Increasing air access into the island of Ireland is fundamental in our goal of increasing the number of overseas tourists. Global competition has never been stronger so we need to motivate consumers with compelling offers and reasons to visit, combined with a range of competitively-priced access options to a variety of locations on the island. Ryanair's decision to open new routes from France and England means that even more potential visitors now have low-cost access direct into Shannon. This builds on the already excellent direct access into the regions and will do much to spread the benefits of tourism into the Western seaboard".

Great news for BRS, well done Ryanair (my new fave airline...... well, they did give me Hertz :D).

Original post

Member for

20 years 1 month

Lol quite a few of us here have flew 'CJC, plus me :D

Member for

18 years 10 months

so did i last wednesday, did you get EI-CNT (voda jet) last week on your return LBARULES?

Member for

20 years 10 months

I flew yesterday mate ;).

I got EI-CNX outbound, EI-CJC inbound.

I know Tom (Future Pilot) wasnt too impressed that he got EI-COX both ways!

Member for

20 years 1 month

Haha, you just can't please some people :p

Member for

20 years 8 months

(my new fave airline...... well, they did give me Hertz :D ).

I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so close to getting Vodaphone on the way back as you know......ahh well like Matt I would of preferred an 800 for the flight back to BHX. Writing the trip report now.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Glad you all got back safely. I enjoyed meeting you all and had a good day and I hope you all enjoyed it aswell.

Member for

20 years 10 months

I got EI-CNX both ways.

Outbound flight had botth nose wheels plus a new nav. light. Departed around 11:00, landed East Midlands at 12:00, departed East Midlands around 12:30 arrived Edinbrugh 01:20. We dropped off Engineers and parts for some other aircraft.

I am not entirely a fan of the 737-200, prefer the 737NG's.

Thats sounds like one hell of a trek! Glad that wasnt my flight, I just wanted to sleep on the way home, and they kept waking me up with all the 'buy scratch cards to win a new Mini Cooper' crap.

Did you have the bald Aussie on the way home ;).

Thanks for keeping me entertained for all those hours we had to wait, I think I would have been serverly bored if I had of been on my own!

Now what was that A320 system called........ lol.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Brake Steering Control Unit!

I had anti skid systems in my head all night... LOL.