Monarch B763 problems today

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

I have friends waiting at POP airport in the Dominican right now to come back on Monarch's B763 although it appears to be doing a bit of diversion.

The outbound flight, MON303 is routing LGW-YHZ-POP and the same in reverse (MON302), causing a substantial delay!

Can anyone shed any light on why their 763 needs to route via Halifax??? Apparently the outbound was direct on the 763 with no problems.

Cheers all!

;)

Original post

Member for

24 years 2 months

Not sure, but if its the Gatwick flight you're talking about, it has a whopping 9 hour delay at the moment!

Mind you, an Excel Airways flight that should have landed at 4.30am this morning is delayed by 27 hours from Holguin in Cuba.

But the website says it is coming from Puerto Plata via Halifax, that suggests to me that this is scheduled to operate this route and isn't a last-minute change?

Member for

20 years 2 months

The MON DUB-POP flight was delayed on wedensady aswell due to a technical problem on one of the A330s. Most likeely not realated but maybe so.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Anything to do with the severe weather in the area?

Member for

24 years 2 months

Not sure, but if its the Gatwick flight you're talking about, it has a whopping 9 hour delay at the moment!

Mind you, an Excel Airways flight that should have landed at 4.30am this morning is delayed by 27 hours from Holguin in Cuba.

But the website says it is coming from Puerto Plata via Halifax, that suggests to me that this is scheduled to operate this route and isn't a last-minute change?

Still can't see why it would be scheduled to operate via YHZ when the aircraft should be fully capable of operating direct, as indeed it did a couple of weeks ago.

I've seen Monarch doing this tech stop business before, eg. LGW-BGR-BGI over the winter which I think could have been on a 757, hence the tech stop.

Maybe today's flight to POP has been downgraded to a 757 causing the need for a tech stop? Maybe the 763 is U/S?

Member for

21 years

Theres all sorts of messing about with aircraft this weekend. Nothing in the charter department seems to be running quite to schedule, and all the people flying clapped out 742s etc are making a killing when the big names get a 767 tied up in SFB or the like.

More than likely some kind of an equipment change, exacerbated by knock on delays, and probably the weather as well.

Member for

20 years 10 months

Maybe it had a leak from the #5 brake unit, and in accordance with the M.E.L had to operate through YHZ due performance restrictions!

Member for

19 years 8 months

Off topic, but there was a TCX flight last week, heavily delayed after a tech stop in St Johns