Britannia SE-DZV Injured :(

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

Just thought MME fans would like to know that ZV was in a incident yesterday at LPA when a baggage truck crashed into the side of the a/c hitting one of the compression chambers. The aircraft is completly u/s and is grounded in LPA.

And on a better note, MME will be getting two bases BY a/c next summer we are told....

Will keep you all updated.

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

Wow, two based Thomson aircraft, surprised they haven't announced anything yet though, they announced the new routes both seat only, and charter (The likes of new routes to Turkey, Bulgaria and Cyprus from LBA), a while ago.

Since i've started at college, i've began to reliase how many incidents are caused by baggage trucks and other ground equipment, been drove into the side of aircraft, if only people would look where they were going!

Member for

20 years 2 months

Fantastic news for MME, good to see big airlines making a big impact at the airport.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Yep good news for MME! Shame about SE-DZV :) Should get some interesting stuff for a while!

Scott

Member for

24 years 3 months

Interesting about the second based aircraft - please keep us informed!

Member for

19 years 4 months

I'll believe the bit about a second a/c when I see it. No offence to you though ;)

Member for

19 years 5 months

If you look carefully at most aircraft they all have thier battle scars!. If you look at the tail cone of G-BOAC at Manchester you will see a six foot long crease on it!. Not to worry, that has been there for at least ten years! But considering the ammount of equipment around an aircraft during a turn round there are very few incidents!. All of the people I know on the ramp are very skilled at maneuvering around the aircraft, so whenever one does take a hit you know that it's just a case of bad luck not just not looking where they were going!.

Rgds Cking

Member for

18 years 8 months

Wasn't this the guy who said FCA were basing at LBA?

Member for

20 years 11 months

Err.... No..... Think it was lbaspotter who said that, or I might have reported it from someone else on pprune.

Member for

19 years 1 month

Fantastic news for MME, good to see big airlines making a big IMPACT at the airport.

I take it there was no pun intended?!?!?

Member for

19 years 11 months

Wasn't this the guy who said FCA were basing at LBA?

Err.... No..... Think it was lbaspotter who said that, or I might have reported it from someone else on pprune?

Hi Tommyinyork & LBARules

Regarding LBA and FCA I only reported waht i saw been reported on PPrune. As you might Known i do know a lot about LBA and its history. Aslo i know people with-in an airline who operates out of LBA. This Sorce is a reliable sorce as well. By the way i don't post on pprune.

Please Private Message the people involved, not cast it into public viewing. Thank-you!

Matthew Murray,

Member for

18 years 8 months

Thank you for the information you supllied.
However i do have an idea on the aviation industry, just most of you seem to all think because i don't live in Leeds i know nout about LBA.

Member for

19 years 2 months

Back to the topic.........it seems SE-DZV is now back in the UK, it's at Luton apparently, presumably undergoing maintenance to it's little problem :) B752 G-BYAE is and has been covering

Scott

Member for

18 years 11 months

Just to let you know that ZV is due back on monday, could be earlier.

Member for

18 years 8 months

I doubt BY would base a 2nd a/c, MME is far too unsuitable and has very poor capacity, an expansion is needed before such move is made.

Member for

20 years 11 months

What tosh Tommy.... if the demand is there, they will base another a/c, MME is very suitable.

Member for

18 years 11 months

ZV is back on monday crewing have told us. There are cot payments going out to the crew who want extra flights. They were even asking us to turn upto our flights as usual to op the 757 lol, obviously we didnt as we arnt trained. By the way the way BY are recruiting for MME and its training on the 75. Were all being trained (gatwick winter crew next month) and being trained on the 767 mid-feb.

Member for

18 years 8 months

Im sorry but i find MME in need of major expansion, last summer there were 2 Tenerife flights on a friday evening, an Iberworld and Spanair one i was on the Spanair one and the terminal was packed.
Is there any chance of MME getting an expansion.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Well, if that was the case, I am quite sure Thomson could manage to schedule their flights to a quieter time.

How does MME manage when 1st thing in the morning, when it has a bmi 319, KLM F70/100, BY 738 and WW 733 ( At least)?

I am almost certain that MME is getting an extension.

Member for

20 years 2 months

I reckon that MME does need an extension like from my past experience, but if the demand is there, then I think that BY could do well from there and if that's the case, MME will have to handle the passengers, whether the terminal is extended or not.