Rate of descent.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

6000ft per minute WOW, you gotta be kidding! Thats like a 15 degree (thats probably way out) descent angle. The again, can you slow the aircraft right down so that it doesn't angle so badly?

Not sure but id agree 1500-2000 sounds about right.

Ben

Just for information, we did a 3 degree nose down descent and thrust at idle into London the otherday and that gave us 5200 FPM descent. ;)

Member for

20 years 10 months

It depends on the aircraft configuration and airspeed. I've pushed 5000 FPM at flight idle, some flaps and speed brakes out while only being a few degrees below the horizon.

Member for

24 years 2 months

guys, this is very interesting.........I get to see how the aircraft is designed structurally but never get to see how the airliners are actually operated, would someone know where I could see typical flight profiles for long range/short range airliners etc......??

thanks

coanda

Member for

19 years 8 months

guys, this is very interesting.........I get to see how the aircraft is designed structurally but never get to see how the airliners are actually operated, would someone know where I could see typical flight profiles for long range/short range airliners etc......??

Grab yourself one of these DVDs, great insights on how an airliner is operated on a normal line flight. http://www.itvv.co.uk/

Some great ones on there, and worth the money! :D

Flex 35